Great prank, dear

By Anonymous - 24/04/2022 00:00

Today, my Xbox blew up. Apparently my wife thought a good prank was to Sellotape the fan holes, because a YouTuber told her it makes Xboxes crash repeatedly. Well, it didn’t crash, it melted some of the casing, caught fire, which also set fire to the bookcase it sits on, the wall, and our 50 inch TV. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 774
You deserved it 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

that is why you don't believe stuff on the internet. if a youtuber tells you to do it it's a lie

A better prank would have been to put on a scary mask and lunge at you with a rubber knife as you were trying to extinguish the fire. Hahahahahaha!

Comments

that is why you don't believe stuff on the internet. if a youtuber tells you to do it it's a lie

You could respond with a “prank” of your own - filing for divorce.

AzraelAngelus 15

You should divorce her and when the judges asks why show/tell them what she did and how it could happen again because she is obviously stupid

You tube has some useful information but it also has intentionally malicious stuff too - along with some things where the poster was just poorly informed. If wife works, I would see if you can get her to replace the stuff that was damaged by this “prank” with her money. By the way long before the catastrophe meltdown and fire you should have smelled overheated or burning circuit boards and chassis. Unless you are suffering from Covid or Alzheimer’s or a bad cold then it’s your failure too in not noticing the problem before it became a disaster. I am an electronic engineer - I never saw a major burnout that didn’t smell burned before it happened.

A better prank would have been to put on a scary mask and lunge at you with a rubber knife as you were trying to extinguish the fire. Hahahahahaha!

She won't be laughing when she has to pay for a new Xbox, the deductible for any insurance claims on the other items, and whatever insurance doesn't cover. If insurance is a no go, she can pay for it all plus the fire remediation. Oh and before I forget- she needs to avoid YouTube like COVID-19. Set your firewall to limit access only to your devices and maybe your kids' devices (if applicable).

It seems like it was truly an accident, and not at all on purpose. Go easy on her.

wysegirl 24

A full grown woman should know that electronics need to breath. I could understand if it was a child that doesn't know that equipment needs vent holes to release heat but an adult... Sorry OP. Maybe she needs to read some books or go get an education on basic essentials in the modern world. Not sure what payback you could do on this.

Your wife might be sending you a signal that she wants your attention too