By Anonymous - 28/03/2015 04:39 - United States - Madison

Today, my pyromaniac sister somehow got her hands on my dad's lighter and set my bed sheets on fire. My dad said I must have provoked her, and that she can't be blamed for her mental condition. So now I'm grounded, and she has a new doll house to calm her down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 729
You deserved it 2 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's some great parenting. sorry about the bed op

Comments

TomeDr 24

Right there's the definition of "enabler".

Better put the fire department on speed dial.

Time to pack up and leave, you shouldn't be punished for your sister's actions

danceinconverse 25

Tell him to stop enabling her, it will only make her condition worse.

Droneman 17

Same thing happened to me when my brother used to torture our hamster and I was the one getting in trouble for telling my parents. My parents let him get away with just about anything and reward him for little things he does just because he had social anxiety and does weird shit.

msmedieval 11

I have social anxiety & would never hurt anyone! Your brother sounds like he might have sociopathy or something similar.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Uh, yeah... Torturing animals is a sign of deep-seated emotional issues and is an early sign of serious psychopathy. Most serial killers begin killing and torturing animals at a young age. So #26 I truly hope your brother is getting some help, because he wasn't harming animals due to his anxiety, that much is for sure.

Didn't Rihanna make a music video like this?

Unless you are referring to the song "The Monster" featuring Eminem, I don't think so.

bad_timing_alot 6

Love the way you lie. I think that's what you are referring too.

that's the type of parenting shit I hate

that's the kinda parenting that makes murders , next it's gonna be the neighbors cat provoked her

let it gooooo, let it burnnnnn... do you want to build a fireman?

Wait...your father left a LIGHTER within reach of his fire-obsessed, potentially dangerous daughter and YOU were grounded? Sorry OP. I get the feeling you should contact someone about this - it's not just a case of parental unfairness, your dad could potentially get you killed, especially if he enables her like this. I'm just not sure who could help. Social services or even the police might well have something to say, but many people think that they do more harm than good. Perhaps a therapist or doctor might be able to smack it into your dad's head that "making allowances" doesn't translate to "don't punish her for arson."

I completely agree! If I were op, I'd have a serious talk with my dad saying that he's enabling her. I would tell him that she's dangerous and it was his fault for leaving his lighter where she could get it. I would tell him he absolutely has to get her help, or next time I would be calling the cops. He needs to know that this will only escalate and someone could get seriously injured or die. That crap is serious and dangerous, and if calling the cops, fireman, or social services is what it takes, I would seriously consider doing it. Op & their parents should be afraid for their lives. I'd be afraid she's going to light something while we're all sleeping!

This bed is on fiiiiire! But seriously, that is screwed up. Parents like that piss me off. I don't care if your kid has some mental condition; you don't leave a lighter within arm's reach of a pyro, and you don't blame the other kid for their misconduct! This is why kids get away with everything and have no respect these days - lousy parenting.