By Anonymous - 28/03/2015 04:39 - United States - Madison

Today, my pyromaniac sister somehow got her hands on my dad's lighter and set my bed sheets on fire. My dad said I must have provoked her, and that she can't be blamed for her mental condition. So now I'm grounded, and she has a new doll house to calm her down. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 729
You deserved it 2 429

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's some great parenting. sorry about the bed op

Comments

A_Gebhardt 2

A dollhouse?? How young is she and why the hell isn't the little firestarter in therapy?!?!

TallMist 32

I set fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiire to the sibling! Watched you burn as you turned to ash!

wow. shittiest parents ever. they're enabling her mental illness by reinforcing her with toys. she should be punished and given a stern talking to. obviously from the states lol

TallMist 32

They're obviously from the states, but not because they're horrible relatives, but because it says so on the FML. Do you honestly believe there's no bad people in any other country?

I love to burn things, it's not some bullshit mental condition, I just love fire.

If she's diagnosed with that condition I'm pretty sure parents are obligated to seek help. If she's not already in therapy, make her go, even if your father disapproves explain to him how much worse it can get. Sounds like she is already starting bigger fires be careful and remove all lighters and matches from the house. My sister has a minor form of pyromania she got better with medication. Keep in mind pyromania is like addiction, the more she lights fires the more she will continue to do so. Clearly remind her that she is better than her disease and to not succumb to her addiction.

Call child services no sister to burn your bed sheets now :)

Sorry to hear about your sleeping arrangements. Just wish your parents knew that she doesn't have a "condition" she is just developing criminal tendencies. I have gotten tired of people who look at me with contempt when they hear I am a Pyro and instantly assume I like burning things. I am NOT an arsonist, I just like to (temporarily) control one of the hardest elements to control. I do it in a handmade (with safety in mind) fire pit built by my Dad, with a bucket of water AND a garden hose (with the water turned on) nearby. If not there, then I do it in my Dad's fireplace and am always careful about the flammables nearby. Sorry this whole comment seemed to become about me. Didn't mean that to happen.

Have you thought of being a firefighter or pyrotechnic? Sounds like you might like it. You seem to be more of a daredevil, like sims in Sims 3 with the daredevil trait who like to play with fire.

That is bad parenting. It's wrong that your dad is encouraging her behavior by rewarding her whether he realizes it or not. Sorry about your bed, OP.

Your parents aren't worried she'll light that on fire?