By Anonymous - 06/09/2015 06:59 - United States - Wittenberg

Today, my older brother offered me a cigarette. I took it and barely took a drag before he socked me in the arm and lectured me for taking the offer. He's an alcoholic, and smokes daily. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 163
You deserved it 9 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Noheartbeat 19

Maybe he is trying to make sure you don't go down the same path.

Maybe he's trying to help you out. Addiction sucks.

Comments

Maybe that's his way of saying "Don't end up like me."

His motto seems to be "Do as I say, not do as I do!"

Maybe he's trying to keep you from making the same mistakes he made

NehNehPwn 20

Even smokers understand how bad it is. Two of my bosses do it and they hate it because they are killing themselves.

Testing you? I would guess see if you will follow in his footsteps or not

LadyLuck93 20

I started smoking heavily around 14 but I made the smartest choice by quitting when I was 20, its been actually 1yr & 5 months now that ive been clean & let me tell you it was literally one of the hardest tasks I ever put up with & I feel so much better, mentally & physically.. Don't start now if you never smoked before, its really not worth it. Thing is tho drinking occasionally is fine as long as you know ur limits.. everything in moderation. But I truely hope ur bro gets the support he needs. Just stay healthy, man.

Just because someone else does something doesn't mean it makes it right for you to do the same thing

MdMan2 23

I think he's trying to look out for you, man.

So? Just because he does it doesn't mean he's not allowed to help you. You should be happy you've got a brother that's looking out for you, not complaining.