By Anonymous - 06/09/2015 06:59 - United States - Wittenberg

Today, my older brother offered me a cigarette. I took it and barely took a drag before he socked me in the arm and lectured me for taking the offer. He's an alcoholic, and smokes daily. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 162
You deserved it 9 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Noheartbeat 19

Maybe he is trying to make sure you don't go down the same path.

Maybe he's trying to help you out. Addiction sucks.

Comments

seaboundrhino813 8

Alcoholic and smoker - means he knows about that stuff. Trust him, easier not start than quit.

So what if he's an alcoholic/ daily smoker or not. You still took cigarette.

missyfiona89 28

with that behaviour, im gonna bet that he takes drugs too.

Learn from his mistakes op. Don't follow in his footsteps.

"Do as I say, not as I do." He probably doesn't want you to make the same mistakes he has. To learn from his experiences and mistakes so that you don't have to make them for yourself.

Your brother was teaching you about temptation and peer pressure. Seeing as how you didn't hesitate in taking the cigarette, it only enforced the idea that you don't care about your health, hence the lecture. Who better to lecture you than someone who's gone down the path and can't escape his addiction? Just because he smokes daily doesn't mean he enjoys it; that he wants to smoke. He smokes, because his addiction is stronger than his will. He wants you to be better than him.

Do as I say, not as I do. Kinda sweet he's looking out for you (in his weird own way) even though he has problems...

If you don't smoke already, I would suggest not starting. As a smoker, I can say it's harder than you think to quit.

I accidentally clicked FYL. YDI, dude! Don't take the ******* cigarette!