By Anonymous - 06/09/2015 06:59 - United States - Wittenberg

Today, my older brother offered me a cigarette. I took it and barely took a drag before he socked me in the arm and lectured me for taking the offer. He's an alcoholic, and smokes daily. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 163
You deserved it 9 596

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Noheartbeat 19

Maybe he is trying to make sure you don't go down the same path.

Maybe he's trying to help you out. Addiction sucks.

Comments

If he's an addict, he has even more reasons to want to protect you. I am a smoker, and still gave my little brother a lecture because I actually know how bad it is.

Your brother is a smart man, he is teaching you not to smoke no matter who offers it to you or who pressures you, so that you don't end up like him. You are lucky to have him.

He's right, but he's also a hypocrite

Your brother just wants to help you. I didn't think I was ever going to smoke, and was completely disgusted by cigarettes and smokers. Then one day I tried one, and I've been hooked for 2 years. I've tried quitting and failed every time. Listen to your brother and you'll have a happier and healthier life.

Whether that's okay or not sort of depends on your age...

rabid_otaku 29

It doesn't matter if he does it. YOU shouldn't have.

Just because he does, doesn't mean you should. What's worse? The serious health effects of those addictions, or your brother being a little bit of a hypocrite for your wellbeing?