By Arthur - 07/05/2014 19:16 - United States

Today, my neighbor scolded me for "allowing" her son to be bitten by one of my dogs. This would be reasonable, except for the fact that her kid had jumped my fence and tried to steal a rattle out of my daughter's hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 314
You deserved it 3 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

AznLuvsMusic 26

Wow, I'm sorry you had to deal with a scolding from such a stupid woman, OP. Your dog is pretty awesome to jump to your daughter's rescue like that!

Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity; And I'm not sure about about the universe. -Albert Einstein

skittyskatbrat 19

You know, about the only solution I can see for this is taking her to court and demanding that she put up a taller fence between you so that her child does not harass yours or upset your dog! Eventually the brat is going to get a severe bite or otherwise injure himself on your property; the mom obviously has no sense nor sense of responsibility. Might be an interesting court case! At the very least, get an established record of her pulling this shit so that when your dog IS triggered to bite more dramatically in defense of his family, you have obvious evidence it's NOT the dog's problem!

cryssycakesx3 22

if OP is having a problem, OP should build a taller fence.

If her child wasn't such a knob then it'd be fine. Nothing she can do about it because your dog was protecting your daughter! So give the dog a steak and some new toys as a reward for keeping your child safe :)

Have your dog take a shit on her porch

tell her next time he won't be so lucky. I hate bratty little kids and parents that don't discipline them.

Why does nobody give this ydi? A dog just bit a small child. You care more about the rattle than an animal biting a kid?

one, it says nothing about the kid that was bit being small. two, he went on the OPs property by hopping their fence. it's natural instinct for the dog to be protective of it's humans and home. the kids mother should've been scolding her own child for jumping the fence.

Um, he trespassed in someone else's yard and tried to steal from a baby. I think he deserved what he got.

Because the kid had it coming. I like animals more than people anyway. :D

A dog bit a rotten kid who trespassed in his neighbor's yard and tried to steal a baby's toy. The dog in question was doing his/her job of protecting his/her property and family. Hopefully the neighbor's shitheel son will think twice before climbing the fence to steal a toy.

WHY should it be a YDI? 1. OP did absolutely nothing wrong. 2. The kid was a trespasser and a thief. 3. Is a dog not allowed to protect its owner and family? I honestly don't see at all how you can say OP deserved this in any way.

cryssycakesx3 22

I had said before, I get that the kid was a ********. but no one deserves getting bit by a dog

#75; If you're going to trespass and steal, yes you do deserve it.

Because the little turd trespassed on his neighbors property and tried to steal a toy from their child. The dog was just doing its job, protecting its family from danger. If I had done that as a kid my parents would have scolded me and had me apologize to the neighbor. They would have considered the bite as deterrent from it happening again.

So, 75, a person who mercilessly beats their dog doesn't deserve to be bit? Cuz I think they do. Just like I think the kid in this FML deserved to be bit. I have a 7 month, half GSD, half Rottweiler, and I can tell you being bit hurts. But some people deserve it.

First of all I assumed the boy was small because he stole a rattle for gods sake. Who steals a rattle? Also there is nothing wrong with me. I don't treat dogs as if they are princesses that can do no wrong, like the rest of our ****** up society. Dogs are animals and I don't see why you would want one capable of biting a child on your property. What if it was another boy and not a dog? Would you still say shame on the boy who trespassed? I bet you all would be freaking out at how a boy bit another boy just because of a rattle.

Dog's gonna defend his pack member when an outsider is causing distress. Dogs think of life as survival. Parent should have been supervising her dog and child but that little kid had zero business being in that garden. And, trust me, the dog snapped at the little boy as a warning. If he had bitten the kid, he'd be in hospital and the dog would've been destroyed. I have a high walled and fenced garden I let my dog chill out in in-between walks. I should be safe in the knowledge I can let me dog be in my own property. It is other peoples business to keep off my property.

88, I don't believe that all dogs can do no wrong. I've been attacked by a dog before for absolutely no reason. But that dog was defending his home and his family. It sucks that it happened, but that kid, no matter his age, should have known better than to hop the fence. And like someone else said, I'm sure the dog didn't bite the kid very hard. It was likely a warning snap that left a scrape mark at best, because I'm sure that if it had broken skin AT ALL the mother who came and chewed OP out would have inevitably called the cops about it.

88 part of the point of having a dog is to defend you house and family the dog was doing it's job.

squideth 18

To hell with the criminal-in-the-making kid. Good job to the dog. Stop babying asshole kids and maybe we'll finally see a dip in asshole entitled adults.

Because apparently, the dog didn't do much damage. I've been around large breed dogs my whole life, and there's a major difference between a "warning" bite, which doesn't hurt, and a bite from a dog who really wants to hurt you. If the dog actually wanted to hurt the kid, the kid would be in a hospital, but I don't get that picture from this FML. So no, I will not vote YDI.

RedPillSucks 31

@88 Just because the boy stole a rattle doesn't mean he's small. Some kids just steal to steal. They don't really do it because they want something, but because they enjoy seeing other people without stuff.

88...SMH he was a boy who TRESPASSED, STOLE from a BABY and the dog DEFENDED the baby from danger. It's INSTINCT was bite. Op doesn't deserve being scolded when the dog was just keeping the family safe!

skittyskatbrat 19

#75 Except Michael Vick....

Hope the dog doesn't get sick from that little shit. Op if I were you I'd tell her to **** off and then go file a police report for legal protection.

People seriously need to scold their children. Not beat, scold.