By Arthur - 07/05/2014 19:16 - United States

Today, my neighbor scolded me for "allowing" her son to be bitten by one of my dogs. This would be reasonable, except for the fact that her kid had jumped my fence and tried to steal a rattle out of my daughter's hands. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 314
You deserved it 3 218

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

you obviously need higher fences, do not trespass signs and keep your dog locked in a cage. tell your neighbor to STFU

Keep the dog locked in a cage??? That dog was clearly protecting OP's yard and daughter! What is wrong with you?!

The dog doesn't need locked in a cage for protecting his family.

What's wrong with you both? #11's sarcasm is beyond clear, cemented with advising to tell the neighbour to STFU.

#26 - I don't know why they don't get it either :/

that kid needs to be lock in a cage lol

you obviously don't recognize sarcasm #21 & 24

#21 wants to be a creative writer. she must first become a better reader.

meghan7810 16

Sarcasm doesn't translate through text very well, the first time I read it I thought you were being serious. I've re-read it now and will un-unlike it.

#90; Well, excuse me for not understanding #11's sarcastic tone in a typed comment. You would think it'd be harder to pick that out. *Shrug* Oh, and that insulting comment was not needed. Do you say awful things to everyone who makes a tiny mistake? #11; I apologize since I didn't know you were involving sarcasm. Ignore my above comment.

Thing is, due to the last part of #11's comment, it translated very well into sarcasm....

No it didn't .-. You cant 'translate' sarcasm smh

But then the second part of #11's comment totally contradicts the first part of the comment. Why would he say all those things and then suggest telling the neighbour to STFU? Personally I think the first two commenters didn't fully read #11's statement before making their comments. I may be wrong but that's what I immediately thought.

People who try to be sarcastic in text form without saying it's sarcasm, are idiots. Or are just having dumb moments, both ways work.

Isn't it wonderful how I'm being told by others what I inferred from the original comment!? Basically, #11 I got you! I liked the irony in your response to the FML, it worked for me! And I agree, the neighbour should indeed STFU. OP's property and child were encroached upon by their neighbour, leaving that neighbour in no position to complain. And I also agree with you - as if they have to cage their dog or put up signs! That would be lunacy when OP did **** all wrong!

People these days.. Smh. Ignorance. -_-

Did she also say "and I'll SUE you too!"

You can't fix stupid. A no trespassing sign on your fence should keep any lawsuits from being successful. Just keep doing what you're doing.

cryssycakesx3 22

it's really sad that people even need to put up such signs on their own property. I get the lawsuit business, but shouldn't that just be a thing anyway? I mean either way "oh you were somewhere you weren't supposed to be on someone else's property" it's still trespassing without the sign. I guess I'm saying I don't get the lawsuit business.

Tell her the only animal that needs to be on a tighter leash is her kid.

ihunter_rae 12

Please tell me how this FML deserves YDI votes ?

People accidentally clicking YDI on their phones mostly. Then there's the 10 or so that were trolling :P

The dog was protecting its family. In a situation like this, while I wouldn't encourage the dog to bite, it would be understandable. In a situation where someone was trying to kidnap the daughter or hurt her, yes, I want a family dog to bite.

saralynnee132 10

People that steal from a little girl deserve to get bit. Let the dogs bite him more often, maybe even his mother

Your dog had every right to attack the kid. It was only protecting your property and your daughter. I say that's a damn good dog to be looking out for your child.

There is no reason OP should cage their dog. The dog did what it was supposed to do.

Parents that can't accept it when their child is wrong are incredibly annoying.

ihunter_rae 12

Tells you something about themselves. They're probably that type of person that flips when anyone tells them they're wrong about anything. Most of the time they definitely know they're wrong, they just don't like being accountable for it. I'm sure everyone has some sort of issue with admitting they're wrong, no one likes being wrong. But then you have people that are plain out stupid like this woman getting mad about the dog.