By WhatTheFaf - 01/09/2011 14:40 - United Kingdom

Today, my mum yelled at me for wanting to apply to university courses that she doesn't approve of. I'm applying for Biomedical Sciences and Microbiology, she's an unemployed Jehovah's Witness. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 024
You deserved it 2 967

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iAmScrubs 19

And when she is asked what she does in her adult life, she will respond saying, "I walk around to people's houses and annoy people."

Start knocking on doors and see what other people think of your class choices.

Comments

rayy_een 0

Im sorry but I read not even half of the comments. I'm very hurt by some of the comments and confused by others. As one of Jehovahs witnesses we believe that secular work won't make you truly happy. But if you choose its up to you. Some parents may be upset that you choose that way but that depends on your parent not ALL Jehovahs witnesses. And my mom is disfellowshiped and I talk to her all the time and still visit her. And please don't rely on what's said on the internet about Jehovahs witnesses, its usually false. If you really want to know as a Jehovahs witness otherwise you shouldn't talk as if you know what its like to be a Jehovahs witness. I don't mean to be rude but some of these comments make me realize why I love and will always remain a Jehovahs witness. Theres just to much hate.

If you guys would leave my door when I say I'm not interested I might agree with you.

This Doesn't seem true I have bunch of friends who are Jehovah's witnesses and they don't condone anything to do with that maybe theres another reason

KILL HER WITH FIRE!!!!1111one Oh... sry dude :P

Jazzalyn 10

That sucks for you, OP. But it's good that you're doing something you want and not being forced into doing something that you don't. On another note - while I'm not against any religion, unless it's something really bad (like, promotes bad stuff) - I am kind of glad that my family are not JWs. I'm not sure whether what I'm doing would have been approved or not - but - based on things I've read here - I'm not sure I'd be able to survive in that religion. They don't seem to doorknock in my area much anymore though.

Wow - more than 200 comments on a religion FML and the mods haven't shut it down yet. Either you lot are getting more mature, or the mods are being unusually tolerant for some reason.

In British English, it is spelt Mum. In American English, it is spelt Mom.

Idk, a job that pays bills and isnt based on a lack of basic reasoning

Plaguetocure 4

That totally sucks. Go for it though. Maybe we'd end up working together someday. Good luck :)

rayy_een 0

198- Im sorry! Really I am cause I know people get annoyed by it but we have limited territories and we forget how many times we come by. But I don't go back to a dorr when I know they are not interested. Uhm the reason we come by so many times is because well others don't tell us when or if they already went to that specific door so we just go just in case. Even though I have said numerous times I'm one of Jehovahs witnesses I still get other Jehovahs witnesses coming to my door.

deathtrap 0

I think I slammed the door in your moms face last week. My apologies