By depressednupset - 30/12/2010 15:06 - United States

Today, my mother told me to 'quit having a pity party'. I was just diagnosed with depression. I've lost my boyfriend, my job, my academic standing, and I just got rejected from every graduate school I applied for. And my mother thinks I'm a cry baby. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 559
You deserved it 8 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Living well is the best revenge. Show them all by stepping up. Do deal with the depression. It's neither easy nor fun.

Comments

OP... in addition to medications and counseling... just remind yourself daily that at least you are not living in New Jersey. That should be a positive reinforcement.

well, you ARE trying to have an online pity party with a bunch of strangers. stop being annoying and start doing drugs. I recommend percocet. or weed. or both!

mya12334 2

I'm really sorry about your mom :/ but maybe you should try and work past your depression. study more and you'll prolly get into any grad school you want

rubina 0

how would you like to be in your early 20s, have no kids, and be told there is a good possibility you are going to lose your last ovary, having already lost one at 19? get the **** over it, seriously. your problems ain't shit crybaby, we can trade if you want.

There are still options for you. It's not the end of the world for you. Have some empathy for the OP. There are many more with problems worse than you... the world doesn't revolve around you.

Please keep your head up, no matter what people tell you, I'm sure you didn't deserve that and I think you should download the GivesNeHope app, maybe it'll show you, no one is never really alone. :)

Depression isn't a real illness. Man the **** up already.

eponine243 0

Oh Em Jee! You should just shut up! because I know that if I was dealing with all that crap at once! I would be fine!!!! you're just a stupid baby you baby! and it's not like writing about the crap that's happened today is what FML is for!!!! (note, that was sarcasm). I'm so sorry your mom is acting like that and that everyone on fml is behaving the same way. and please understand that the Internet is full of trolls who just love to make comments like the ones on here. I promise things will get better. :)

You know, what's wrong with the occational pity party? no one can be expected to be strong for every single second of thier lives, sometimes, you need a good cry to get it all out. Then you can get back on your feet refreshed. It's completely natural. OP i hope you get all the support you need and that your life improves. And in the totally awsome words of #42 *hug*

Always look on the light side of life...