By depressednupset - 30/12/2010 15:06 - United States

Today, my mother told me to 'quit having a pity party'. I was just diagnosed with depression. I've lost my boyfriend, my job, my academic standing, and I just got rejected from every graduate school I applied for. And my mother thinks I'm a cry baby. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 559
You deserved it 8 236

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Living well is the best revenge. Show them all by stepping up. Do deal with the depression. It's neither easy nor fun.

Comments

Wow, there are some seriously vicious people commenting about this. What do they call people with no empathy who attack people when they're already low and vulnerable? And why is it so many of these people read the FMLs but think people don't have a right to submit them? Good luck OP. Take care.

I agree depression is a horrible disease I am bipolar (manic depression) and without medication I thought life was over for me but with the right help I am so much better I'm not a doctor so I won't tell u what medication to take but there are hundreds of anti-depressants u need to find the right one for u cause everyone is different I tried 3 before I started the two I'm on now it took time but u can do it hang in there and u can do it too

been there done that. get some good meds. I was on celexa for a while.

THEMANN1000 0

No, people can be real crybabies sometimes. OP needs to suck it up and get on with her life, working on making it better instead of whining to people on FML about it.

PaperCandles 0

i'm sorry op, i know how you feel. my best friend told me that once when i was depressed, and then proceeded to ignore me for a few days. that is the LAST thing you say or do to a person with depression, especially after you have gone through so much.

emilyxorawr 3

There's only one thing to do........ Go to your dad for advice.

You can't just get over depression, it's serious. FYL OP, hope all is better for you soon.

cassidyl 0

Listen sometimes life just sucks ass but, when there are people in wheelchairs who can't move or teenagers dying inAfrica of simple ear infections or even something as simply painful as losing a spouse, you need to learn to get over thongs that aren't going to literally RUIN your life.

How do you know OP isn't in a wheelchair? Better yet, losing a boyfriend (depending on how serious the relationship was) CAN in fact be compared to losing a spouse. I'm sure it's not as serious, and the one losing the spouse would be much more devastated. That doesn't mean OP isn't going to be/supposed to be upset! For ****'s sake, people.