By Anonymous - 30/10/2009 14:23 - United States

Today, my mother sent my birthday present to me four days late. It was a handy keychain blood alcohol detector so I can make sure I'm sober before I drive. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 847
You deserved it 7 695

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sounds like a gag gift my Dad would give me, even though I'm too much of a wuss to drink. I'll kill myself slowly with cola, thanks.

My older brother just died because he was hit by a drunk driver. I think it's a thoughtful gift to give someone. It shows they care.

Comments

Is your mother perhaps hinting at something?

cheetahboo2010 5

Hell, if you don't want it, give it to me! :)

I kinda wanted to rate it "you probably deserved it", but unfortunately that's not an option.

dacman48 0

STOP BITCHING! OBVIOUSLY< SHE DOSNT WANT U DEAD. U ****** INGRATE

FTW. best birthday gift ever. Totally not an FML

wellinever 5

Clearly this is an FML. This wonderful gift arrived four days after the OP needed it. Too late. She's busted.

This isn't an FML at all. It's a neat thing to have, even if you never need to use it. The only reason you would call this an FML is if you were hoping your mom didn't know about your drinking problem >.>

How is is a Fyl when your Mom cares! Ydi for drinking... AND ydi if youve ever driven drunk!

lives_ppl 0

Your mom sounds awesome. Here's why: she cares about your safety she doesn't want you to get arrested she actually teaches you she didn't just blow it off when she realized she forgot to send you a present or she had been waiting to get one of those she wants you to be a responsible person and trusts you to do it yourself and care enough about yourself she doesn't think you're worthless enough to not do all of the above.