By blah - 21/07/2011 14:10 - United States

Today, my mom took me to an AA meeting because she said I needed help. I have never tried alcohol in my life, and told them this. I was then harangued by the "instructor" because apparently one of the signs of alcoholism is denial. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 693
You deserved it 3 058

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

your Fault she thinks that... you must have done something to make her think that!!

squirrelmaster2 2

marine dude.... beat your face **** tard...

nixter5 18

Denial is a very common sign. you should be ashamed of yourself!! sit down and listen to him you damn boozer.

is your mother an alcoholic by any chance?

jackweird 10

That truly does suck and hopefully your able to escape that hell hole.

green_eggs_and_h 0

Tell the " instructor" that they have a problem with alcohol. Then tell her what she said to you about being in denial.

Except that the instructor probably is an ex-alcoholic and so will likely admit a problem. The point is that it's all addicts together.

To me it seems like she's underage, just because the mother took her there and it doesn't seem like she was able to just walk out. I think the mother might really be paranoid about what teenagers do and wanted to make sure her kid would get help to stay away from it all. It's just very odd for her to do so when you have never touched it before, something must have made it seem like you have...even if its just that your friends have.

HahaYDI 0

I don't understand where she would get an idea like that in the first place. If you've never had alcohol then you wouldn't have any in your fridge (unless you're married), and you wouldn't be drinking in front of her. Maybe alcoholism runs in the family and she just wants to make sure you're okay.

Moonditch_fml 19

Spend about a week constantly following your mom around. When she sees you're not drinking, hopefully she'll realize she was mistaken, and stop badgering you! (She might also let it go just to get rid of you!)

Shouldn't denial be the first sign that you DON'T have a problem?