By :( - 31/07/2016 04:18 - United States

Today, my mom told me that I'll never get married if my cooking skills don't improve. My boyfriend agrees. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 708
You deserved it 2 459

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TweetAnne 13

That is so sexist. If you want to learn how to cook then learn but if you're not interested then that's fine too. I took cooking classes before going to college since I refused to live off ramen. It's good skills to have but doesn't mean you need to use them every day. Married now and I cook few times per week and take turns with my husband making meals.

Shadowvoid 33

Well I see two people you could probably chop out of your life. Spa-ghett out of there.

Comments

I thought this only happened in India :/

dump his punk ass and date me. I cook just about anything. and my bbq is amazing.

That's not true though. My dad is actually the main cook in the family, not my mom. Not only is that sexist but it's hurtful because it makes OP feel worthless.

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard. My mother used to tell me I need to start learning how to cook for my future family (while she was never the one to cook for us, my dad was). She was often condescending about it as well. Not very fun to grow up hearing that. I now live on my own and I think anyone can cook, as long as you can follow directions and buy the right ingredients :) I love Pinterest recipes.

She shouldn't have said that because I'm sure you will, but not everyone likes to constantly eat out or be the only one to cook dinner. Try some fun cooking class in your spare time!

Did you tell them it isn't the 60s anymore?

Just chiming in that if cooking was something the mother thought was a character asset for her daughter, she should have taught her herself! As soon as I was sentient my mom often had me in the kitchen with her, she demanded I help her. And though she never outright taught me per se, I watched her for years. I could cook things like breadcrumb chicken and from-scratch crepes when I was twelve. Not only was it sweet mother-daughter bonding, I had some sweet bolognaise, baked salmon, and spicy-soup-for-colds skills going into college.

Dump the bf for being a sexist douche and disown mom for promoting it.It's 2016 not the 1950s.

I still get told that even though my boyfriend is the one that cooks. Our agreement is, he'll do all the cooking as long as I clean up afterwards.