By maddiebauer - 26/07/2012 14:48 - United States - Plainfield

Today, my mom once again commented on how I need to work out. It has come to the point that I now walk around in exercise clothes and have a bottle of water/fake sweat to put on, just so she thinks I work out. This is how lazy I am. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 402
You deserved it 45 533

Same thing different taste

Top comments

CoolRainbowdash 15

Why are you so dead set against exercising??

Comments

fishlover84 0

Exercising sound easier then that!

Wow. How about exercising for real? It won't kill you and your mom will probably catch on when you get more fat and no muscle shows up.

That just proves that you're not lazy since it takes effort to fake going to the gym. Now all you have to do is put that effort into actually going to the gym. Why fake going to the gym when you can since you're already prepared for it.

Xxace47xx 4

This is why America is overweight.

CallMeMcFeelii 13

Why don't you put that effort into actually working out?

You're definitely not lazy about faking it.

Everyone's commenting on how OP should work out and not about how OPs mom is rude harpy. OP, you need to tell your mom that she needs to STFU and stop putting her body image issues on you. You'll exercise when you're good and ready not because of her constant nagging. Is she svelte? If not then point that out to her and say that she should lead by example. Call her Rotunda until she stops.

I don't really see how op's mom is the one to blame in this situation by encouraging her daughter to be healthy.

There are too many variables in your equation. For all we know, OP's mom could be in phenomenal shape, thus realizing the importance of having physical activity. Furthermore, a simple comment from her mother does not indicate rudeness (but we also don't know what the mother said to OP). Considering the fact that she's OP's mother, she has every right to encourage her progeny to seek an active lifestyle, and has probably been observing OP's laziness for some time, based on OP's comment. It's great to lead by example, but sometimes you can simply follow good advice. Even bad people have good things to impart occasionally. OP is still at fault here.

57, It's a parents job to make sure their child is doing what will benefit them in the long run, even if it appears bad for them now. You wouldn't blame her for forcing them to eat vegetables or improving their diet, why would you hate on her for forcing him/her to exercise? I don't care if they don't want to, if there is not enough physical activity then the child is unhealthy and needs to be made to move around more. Physical activity isn't restricted to fixing body image issues...

NiZZALooNY 9

I'm pretty sure actually working out would be a lot less work than that.