By my name is sarah - 21/01/2016 03:48 - United States - Midland

Today, my mom called me by her favorite TV show character's name. Again. This is the eighth time this week. I'm an only child, and I'm 15. I thought she had my name down pat by now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 125
You deserved it 1 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Am I the only one wondering who's her favorite character?

Comments

I swear I'm going to be calling my daughter clementine.

Mine mixes my name up to with her sisters. I'm 34, a boy and her only child. FOL.

I'm almost 39 and an only child and my mother can barely remember my age let alone my birthdate. Don't let it get to you OP :)

KryssLB 14

Well, I usually use someone else's name by accident when the person I'm talking to does something that subconsciously makes me think of them. So if she keeps calling you by her favourite character's name, and not, like, that annoying ex-boyfriend's name, then it's a good sign, I think. :)

my husband's mom named him after a soap opera doctor she thought was pretty sexy. how weird is that?

I know that feel. My mom often calls me by my cousin's name or by her work friend's name and I am 23 and an only child too. Haha you just have to laugh about it!

romeonsingcross 15

My dad does the same thing. The only difference is that it is my actual name. He seriously named me after a tv character.

my mom mixes up me and my sister. we're not twins.