By juice723 - 02/02/2014 02:07 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my mom announced to everyone that she wants at least ten grandchildren. I'm an only child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 206
You deserved it 3 899

juice723 tells us more.

So yeah I've seen some comments asking for a follow up... I'm a girl. my mom has always said that her greatest regret was not having more children herself, but she's, you know, going through menopause... So I think wanting a lot of grandchildren is her way of making up for that. She has also clarified that she will be happy with four grandchildren, which is what I want to have. It was just wishful thinking that she could have that many grandchildren to help raise. Sorry if this long comment is confusing, but I hope it helps to clear things up!

Top comments

well, if she wants lots of grandchildren, then she should have had more children herself!

Comments

So that's her problem. I want to marry Andy Hillstrand of the Time Bandit. I don't see that happening anytime soon either Tell her life is full of dissapointments!

skittyskatbrat 19

response: "I didn't know you were planning to adopt more kids! Wow! That's great!" Also announcing that you are a lesbian AND don't plan to have any kids can make for an interesting few days.....

It's not your mums decision how many babies you make

damnit1989 16

Hahahahahahaha hag this made me laugh. I am from Utah (not Mormon myself though).

Well, I'd hope she will be contributing if she's placing that sort of pressure on you! Ask for college tuition, food money and transport to help! Although I'd tell her to get lost personally.

Announce to her that you want at least 9 siblings.

Dont understand how this is a fml. Not like you have to go through with it just because she says something. Grow up its your own life.

Unless that's just the first in a long line of pressure to give grand babies. My grandmother wants to be a great grandma really badly, so badly that she's been watching her grandkid's Facebook pages for any sign of baby talk. I have to be careful about what I say, lest it be construed as baby news.

If she wants you to have that many kids then tell her that she must pay for all their expenses and babysit them whenever you want. Hopefully that'll get her expectations down to something more realistic

skyeyez9 24

Your mom should have had more kids herself is she wanted so many grand kids.