By juice723 - 02/02/2014 02:07 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my mom announced to everyone that she wants at least ten grandchildren. I'm an only child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 206
You deserved it 3 899

juice723 tells us more.

So yeah I've seen some comments asking for a follow up... I'm a girl. my mom has always said that her greatest regret was not having more children herself, but she's, you know, going through menopause... So I think wanting a lot of grandchildren is her way of making up for that. She has also clarified that she will be happy with four grandchildren, which is what I want to have. It was just wishful thinking that she could have that many grandchildren to help raise. Sorry if this long comment is confusing, but I hope it helps to clear things up!

Top comments

well, if she wants lots of grandchildren, then she should have had more children herself!

Comments

I think the only thing that matters is how many children OP and her future husband wants. I come from a larger family my Dad is one of eleven children and my Mom is one of nine children. However, I was one of only four children. I personally think it would be cool to have ten children and I would love to have that many, but being realistic I think that four or five children is plenty enough for me depending on my job, my future spouse's job and where we are placed at in life. :)

Bizper 3

see if shes willing to hlp out taking care of them...

kellyem2 20

I hate when parents "announce" what they want for grandkids. You do not get any say in how many kids other people have or if they have children at all, even if they are your child.

Pandaboy876 14

Why should OP have 10 children if (her/his) mom only had one child end of discussion.

Then she needs to spread her legs too.

pussyologist 0

You're not octomom! where does she expect that many kids to pop out?? guess you can adopt. .

Lmao "At Least"!! Is she gonna take care of those kids tho? No? Time for someone to take a seat.