By juice723 - 02/02/2014 02:07 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my mom announced to everyone that she wants at least ten grandchildren. I'm an only child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 206
You deserved it 3 899

juice723 tells us more.

So yeah I've seen some comments asking for a follow up... I'm a girl. my mom has always said that her greatest regret was not having more children herself, but she's, you know, going through menopause... So I think wanting a lot of grandchildren is her way of making up for that. She has also clarified that she will be happy with four grandchildren, which is what I want to have. It was just wishful thinking that she could have that many grandchildren to help raise. Sorry if this long comment is confusing, but I hope it helps to clear things up!

Top comments

well, if she wants lots of grandchildren, then she should have had more children herself!

Comments

10 grandchildren?! Having just one rug rat is bad enough! I have two cats. Lets see, something that might ruin my furniture over something that would ruin my life... yeah, like that was a hard decision.

Well then you better start cutting condoms

owchfuckmylife 5

Better get busy. If you catch my meaning.

My Grandpa who had my dad had a total of eight boys including him. On with my dads mom and then seven more with his next wife. He is a good man but I think he could have stopped sooner than he did

Maybe you just think you're an only child. O.o

Elfkid21 19

I know how you feel dude! I'm in the exact same situation.

Almost all my friends have between 6-11 siblings

SuperMew 22

I don't want any kids. This causes a problem, because my mom wants a lot of grandkids and my sister's health problems make it so she cannot have anymore. She has one and that is enough for me. It's too expensive and I really dislike small children... so one grandkid unless my sister adopts.