By juice723 - 02/02/2014 02:07 - United States - Brooklyn

Today, my mom announced to everyone that she wants at least ten grandchildren. I'm an only child. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 206
You deserved it 3 899

juice723 tells us more.

So yeah I've seen some comments asking for a follow up... I'm a girl. my mom has always said that her greatest regret was not having more children herself, but she's, you know, going through menopause... So I think wanting a lot of grandchildren is her way of making up for that. She has also clarified that she will be happy with four grandchildren, which is what I want to have. It was just wishful thinking that she could have that many grandchildren to help raise. Sorry if this long comment is confusing, but I hope it helps to clear things up!

Top comments

well, if she wants lots of grandchildren, then she should have had more children herself!

Comments

Hypnotic5206 10

Looks like she needs to have more kids herself

BrinaGreis 3

tell her no it's your life. good luck.

Well OP four is not that much and people are over exaggerating in fact I have three and I am pregnant with another I have a 14 year old 12 and 8 years old all girls so we always do surprise hopefully it a boy for my husband. We're. A crazy family but I hope you accomplish them 4 kids!

Tell her that for only $28 a month she can sponsor as many grandchildren she wants.

My mom said the same thing, lol... But was ained towards my loneliness as i grew up in the middle of nowhere and no way to get anywhere... Im just glad i made her happy with two kids and married a man with a child, giving her a step grandson; sadly she passed away before she could meet him. I do, however want another one. But it just wont be the same without her here...

Bed_Head 5

Easiest solution: Marry someone with several children. . . Then you'll only have a few more to go.

Ignant 4

Who ever said that was a bad thing