By Anonymous - 04/08/2011 23:19 - United States

Today, my landlord told me he is raising my rent next month. I thought he was kidding until he asked if I still wanted to live here. My landlord is also my live-in boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 161
You deserved it 3 958

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps he is trying to hint something...

I think he's hinting towards a breakup, my dear.

Comments

Darklord53 0

Why is everyone saying he wants to break up, he is the landlord, it's his job to make you pay rent so quit being a bum and pay the man.

I agree. It sounds like she is the one with the issue and needs to pay up and give the man his money or move on to the next slumlord.

FMLs are never long enough for us to know what is going on. Is he asking for an extra 5% or doubling it? If it's the latter he's obviously trying to push her out (unless of course he was taking a huge loss before that he can no longer afford). If it's the former, maybe that's the least he can ask her and still be able to pay his bills. He needs to be clear to her what the situation is. Until then not even the OP can know what this means.

This world is filled with ****** up mercenaries I pity op but I suggest leaving that son of a bitch, because he is most probably the type who will get op pregnant just because " condoms are too expensive"

chrimn42 0

wow what a dick -_- I guess that's his way of saying hes cheating on you and doesn't wan you to find out..

I don't understand why it is morally justified in society for things to be 90 percent mans fault. Maybe she doesn't know what she wants and needs to stop being stupid and naive? But hey I could be wrong on this one.

Parazad 16

Just because you have a boyfriend who happens to be a landlord doesn't mean you get a free ride. Pay the man.

perdix 29

It's purely a financial decision. He's using the rent increase to offset his loss of interest.

l33tcharlie 0

packs your bags. wait for him to be back. slam the key on the table. and say cheapskate.

SmittyJA24 26

... I hope you're not continuing to sleep with this idiot ... "boyfriend" doesn't get free pussy and charge rent, too. FYL.

57 - you assume that he is buying her. "Boyfriend" tends to imply mutual interest in sleeping together. "Client" is more the situation you are implying. Some women pay their own way with more than their bodies.

Egnar 19

Sex doesn't give you a free ride on household expenses - Sorry, no girlfriend I ever live with is going to not pay their share of rent making me cover 100% of the cost just because we both want to have sex with each other, ya right.

thatonedame 6

landlord implies a specific situation where you pay rent for living space. the fact that they have a romantic relationship is mute. no female should expect free or cheap housing for sleeping with a guy. that's prostitution.