By Anonymous - 04/08/2011 23:19 - United States

Today, my landlord told me he is raising my rent next month. I thought he was kidding until he asked if I still wanted to live here. My landlord is also my live-in boyfriend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 161
You deserved it 3 959

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Perhaps he is trying to hint something...

I think he's hinting towards a breakup, my dear.

Comments

This is why you shouldn't mix business and pleasure...

You pay rent AND you give him head? Where the hell were you when I wanted to get married???? Sounds like he's looking for some fresh poontang - I'd pack and scat if I were you and leave him hanging for the last month's rent...sounds like a real jerk.

jobsman99 0

how many more blow jobs can you give him to make up for the increase in rent?

Egnar 19

I'm inclined to think this is worded by someone who had life handed to them on a silver spoon and what the FML really means is that said boyfriend [who may own whatever apartment/house establishment she lives in] is actually just telling her she needs to contribute more to household expenses.

I agree, I've seen situations like this before where the girl lives with her boyfriend and barely contributes to bills. If her landlord has the power to raise her rent, it's probably a YDI because she doesn't have a written contract specifying obligations.

wow business n pleasure never work out......

thatonedame 6

his house. his rules. if you don't have a signed lease, you're SOL. inquire why, and maybe try to cut back on the long showers and only have the light on in the room you are in. you're the live-in. not him. if your jacking up the utilities, it's only fair.

Carol57 2

charge him for living with you! go half! He's having his cake and eating it too...twice! you probably cook for him too, plus buy the groceries!

Nyankat5 0

I agree with #34.I was gonna say the same thing!

1989mustang50 0

A live in boyfriend?? So he is living with you not you living with him??