By overdriven07 - 01/09/2009 15:07 - United States

Today, my landlord asked to borrow my truck to move some furniture. When she returned it, I noticed she had filled the gas tank up. I thanked her for doing so, and she handed me the receipt and said "just add it to next month's rent". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 896
You deserved it 3 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy her a birthday present (or Christmas, whatever the hell). When she says how much she likes it, hand her the receipt and say, "Just deduct it from this month's rent."

Are you serious? I"m sorry but I was taught then when you borrow things you return them in the same condition if not better. I always borrow my friend's truck and fill it all the way up regardless of when/where/how long I used it. Even after he tells me I don't have to, it's been ingrained into my head by my parents and I've yet to meet someone that didn't like the gesture.

Comments

an f-150 gas tank is more like 25 -30 gallons

Even better than not paying for the gas, deduct it from your rent instead, and when she says something just say "I thought that's what you meant..."

silverx10 0

Yeah, don't give her shite. No agreement was signed, nor did you ask for the tank to be filled up. Chalk it up to the generosity of her kind heart. ;)

sarahlh_23 0

She can't do that!! Not even legal!!

gqduck 0

Haha.. Just give her the bill for renting the truck and tell her you'll just take it off next month's rent.

landlord is an asshole, trying to force you to pay for something you didn't ask for, that's like a company mailing you a book you never asked for, and then telling you to send them back the money (has happened to me). consider the gas a gift

VoxEOD 0
muffinsareyummy 1

so you basically paid her to borrow your truck? pathetic. what i'd do is charge her double the gas price for borrowing the truck. that ought to show the wench.

Wow you had to pay for your own gas? that does suck......