By overdriven07 - 01/09/2009 15:07 - United States

Today, my landlord asked to borrow my truck to move some furniture. When she returned it, I noticed she had filled the gas tank up. I thanked her for doing so, and she handed me the receipt and said "just add it to next month's rent". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 896
You deserved it 3 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy her a birthday present (or Christmas, whatever the hell). When she says how much she likes it, hand her the receipt and say, "Just deduct it from this month's rent."

Are you serious? I"m sorry but I was taught then when you borrow things you return them in the same condition if not better. I always borrow my friend's truck and fill it all the way up regardless of when/where/how long I used it. Even after he tells me I don't have to, it's been ingrained into my head by my parents and I've yet to meet someone that didn't like the gesture.

Comments

op- don't pay her for using your truck and then doing the right thing in filling it up. everyone else- will someone please explain to me what the deal is with writing "First!!!!!" ? who gives a flying ****, especially when they don't actually comment on the FML.

awuh_man 0

so i'm not trying to be rude but your life is not ****** you would have had to fill it up anyways, and you kinda deserve it for expecting something for free. but at least you've got a full tank!

Maddoctor 10

The landlord got to use his truck for free instead of renting one, plus he didn't ask her to fill up his gas tank, so why shouldn't he expect that for free? I don't really see your logic here.

You should add it to the rent but then deduct $50 for letting her use your truck

since when are women allowed to own property?

OMG Guys! Somebody who time traveled from the 1700s found FML! Welcome to the future, where Men and Women have equal rights. If you keep saying shit like that, you're going to be mauled by 50,000 women ;D

#37, agreed! But don't feed the lame trolls.

What are you talking about, there are no women on the Internet

how is this an FML u wer gonna fill up ur tank sooner or later anyway right and why would u think ur landlord would do that for you anyway :S

This man speaks the truth. If anything they owe YOU money for gas and mileage.

I hoped that the awkward spacing in 29's comment meant that they would make up a witty rhyme/song. No, it was simply an irritating waste of my life, reading it with nothing to gain.

Yeah, if they used gas for moving, it's on them. Don't pay for the gas or they'll be walking all over you.

i don't get it really... you got a full tank, that you were going to have to do anyway... and you don't have to pay a service charge? YLIA

skyeyez9 24

What's with all the assholes on here who think that it is ok to borrow someone's vehicle, and not have to pay for the gas they used in the process?!