By overdriven07 - 01/09/2009 15:07 - United States

Today, my landlord asked to borrow my truck to move some furniture. When she returned it, I noticed she had filled the gas tank up. I thanked her for doing so, and she handed me the receipt and said "just add it to next month's rent". FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 896
You deserved it 3 525

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Buy her a birthday present (or Christmas, whatever the hell). When she says how much she likes it, hand her the receipt and say, "Just deduct it from this month's rent."

Are you serious? I"m sorry but I was taught then when you borrow things you return them in the same condition if not better. I always borrow my friend's truck and fill it all the way up regardless of when/where/how long I used it. Even after he tells me I don't have to, it's been ingrained into my head by my parents and I've yet to meet someone that didn't like the gesture.

Comments

Send her the receipt for the gas you put into your truck, that she used. If she asks again, tell her that she needs to pay for the gas that's already in there.

skyeyez9 24

filling the tank is just a small way of saying: thanks, I appreciate you letting me use your truck so I didn't have to spend $100 renting one. i let a friend borrow my car once (i had a little over a half a tank of gas). when she gave it back It was almost empty. least put back what you use!! some people are just thoughtless.

so not an FML boo hoo i had to pay for my own gas. get a life

peeps, its not about the fact that he had to fill up gas anyways, its a basic courtesy to fill up a tank of gas after you used a car, and not demand compensation. The landlady obviously wasn't brought up on standard courtesy rules OP don't pay her, I wouldn't

How the **** is this an FML? That's pathetic, you payed for your own gas. wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf

WTF is the big deal? It couldn't cost much stop being a whiny bitch.

You musy be an idiot Vampx. In CA it cost $95.00 USD to fill up a Ford F350. And not much less to fill up a smaller truck. I bet you are one of those charming people that thinks the world owes you everything. If you or anyone ever did something like that to me, I'd punch you in the mouth.

Don't do anything nice or special for any landlord. They are brainless shitbags.

Pay next months rent and subtract the gas bill from it. Attach the gas receipt to the rent payment. Attach a letter explaining you are deducting the gas from the rent since the landlord borrowed your truck and filled up the tank. Explain that if the landlord prefers, you can pay the rent in full and the landlord can reimburse you for the gas. Keep a copy for your records. You are legally covered from eviction proceedings.

im not sure you understand exactly whats going on here

"...me and my old pickup truck these days we dont pick up much but there's chrome on her hood man we're looking so good when we're looking for love i know we'll be rolling again someday soon somewhere around the bend i know we'll have better luck in my pickup truck..."

love_fml_a_lot 0

your life must be pretty boring to put this dumb thing on the internet its called fml loser