By ohmy. - 27/12/2010 17:52 - United States

Today, my husband yawned in the middle of our wedding vows. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 473
You deserved it 7 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lidemocr 0

it's a reflex. although I have learned the art of yawning through my nose for situations like this

sallen0046 4

Yawning is a nervous reaction, as well as an indicator of being tired. Weddings are both tiring and nerve wracking, so it's perfectly natural that someone would have such a response. Don't take it as a personal attack upon your marriage.

Comments

TrinityisLife 22

If you're willing to complain over something as minor as a yawn without considering that he could be tired, or someone in the audience could've yawned and he saw it, thus setting a chain reaction, then your marriage is going to be hellacious. What's next? Bitching because the milk is on the left side of the fridge rather than the right? The toilet paper is on the holder backwards? Get over yourself.

Don't sweat it, OP. Unless it was one of those faked yawns that people do just to convey boredom to those around them and therefore appear as a jackass, you have no reason to worry.

daytripper82 0

This is dumb... get over it. People yawn! At least he didn't pull a Ross and say someone else's name.

ideasrule 13

Wow, as if yawning isn't an involuntary biological phenomenon likely caused by fatigue or by seeing other people yawn. Marriage vows are worthless anyhow; if you really need a vow to trust your husband, maybe it's time for your husband to find a better wife.

mexipunker 0

Well yeah, he just got back from banging the strippers at his batchalor party. That's very tiring.

He was probably tired and was nervous about the wedding, he probably had problems sleeping.

Sheilatakeabow 0

You're retarded if you subscribe to the cartoonish belief that yawning is strictly an indicator of boredom...I don't think I've EVER seen anyone actually yawn out of boredom. It's as uncontrollable a bodily function as hiccuping, and if you're pissed about that, I feel very, very sorry for your husband.

It's a non-verbal stress response, there are 3: involuntary "yawn" that does not result in taking air into the lungs, sweaty palms, and cotton mouth.

Wow, seriously OP? You are absolutely ridiculous. You're taking a YAWN as a person attack on your marriage? **** your husband's life.

LSU33DucKAholiC 0
Fabby_fml 2

Yep, this exactly. This marriage won't be lasting too long if you're going to be that much of a bitch about petty things, OP...