By heart broken - 29/12/2013 09:05 - United States

Today, my husband told me yet again that the last two years have been the worst of his life. Our two year anniversary is next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 630
You deserved it 4 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yet again? You guys need to talk this out, or get help with a marriage counselor. Both of you sound unhappy in your relationship.

Comments

ThomasBombadil 31

Boy does he sound like a jerk. If there are no kids, you should probably cut your losses and leave or next year at this time it will be three years.

People really need to stop suggesting divorce in situations like this. If they were together for 2 years then clearly something was good at one point. Divorce isn't the first option when there is a problem in the relationship

ThomasBombadil 31

I don't know, two years is a long time to hear a unambiguous message like she has.

askullnamedbilly 33

However, if one partner repeatedly tells the other during those two years that their marriage has been the worst time of their life, it's certainly something to consider. If you're that unhappy after only two years, how does spending the rest of your lives together sound like a remotely good idea? Crying 'divorce' after some minor issues is idiotic, that's true, but feeling that the worst thing to ever happen to you is the two years you spent with your spouse is on an entirely different level. Maybe they can work it out, but they're not obligated to be unhappy with each other because they signed a piece of paper two years ago.

You must ve a marriage consellor. :). They are my clents now: I am a divorce attorney :D

JMichael 25

Maybe it's time you to go to a counselor and talk about your problems. And I that doesn't work then think about divorce. You shouldn't be with someone who makes you unhappy.

olpally 32

What a heartless douche. This marriage needs a counselor or an immediate divorce.

I'm assuming he didn't follow this with "/sarcasm"? He has some issues that need resolving. The first issue is his lack of respect for you.

That's ******* cold, op. You guys need to have a SERIOUS sit down.

" Then I suggest you'd bring me a new respectful husband for our two year anniversary. One who does acknowledge me "

Isn't there a slight possibility that his issues could lay outside the marriage?

I was thinking the same. Maybe he's had losses or just things not working out for him like at work for example. OP needs to follow up so we know what questions she followed up with.

I would s suggest creating a T Chart and placing down in front of him with one side labeled "Pros" and the other side "Cons" with the chart being titled Pros and Cons of Our Marriage. I suggest you do the same and both of you look at the results but from the way it sounds, he has already checked out on the marriage.