By heart broken - 29/12/2013 09:05 - United States

Today, my husband told me yet again that the last two years have been the worst of his life. Our two year anniversary is next week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 45 630
You deserved it 4 768

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Yet again? You guys need to talk this out, or get help with a marriage counselor. Both of you sound unhappy in your relationship.

Comments

Maybe he didn't act like this before marriage...ya never know. All we know now is this marriage needs fixed

Why is this under 'love' I see no love what so ever

Maybe the two years have been bad for other reasons. I was miserable for most of the first year of our marriage, but it wasn't my husband's fault. We had moved to a very small town over an hour from anywhere bigger, I had so many problems getting a license in this stupid state I had to let go of my CDL, I was jobless for a long time, and I had no friends because this town is one big clique. I got depressed. OP, he married you for a reason and I'm sure you two still love each other. If you aren't sure why he's so unhappy ask, calmly and without anger. Tell him how bad it makes you feel to hear it all the time.

crazytwinsmom 25

There definitely could be other reasons, death of a loved one, unemployment, lost a house, just to name a few major things that could make a person miserable. OP should ask him to explain his feelings.

Mackay92 14

Because she loves him and it might not be totally directed to OP the way he's feeling

This is one of the most grammatically incorrect sentences I have ever heard

Damian95 16

A failed marriage? How could that hurt at all?

Damian95 16

For the record, I am aware that losing a loved one is hard. I apologize for the above sarcasm.

Yet again? You guys need to talk this out, or get help with a marriage counselor. Both of you sound unhappy in your relationship.

singerlove 14

I agree they definitely need to talk about it before jumping to divorce. My mom and dad read a book when they were first married called "His Needs Her Needs" which helped them understand each other better so they have been able to cater to each other for the 28 years they've been together. My fiancé and I were on the brink of breaking up and my mom suggested we read that together. We did and talked our problems out and changed our behavior a little bit and we haven't had a problem since. I suggest OP and her husband read the book too!

That's much more challenging and expensive when married. They could try something more like counseling, that may be more productive.

It's good that you found out now, assuming a divorce will follow, before you two had kids together. Then again you can ask him what's wrong and try to work things out with him.

Who said they don't have kids? If they've consummated the marriage there is always a chance for babies.

People also may have sex (and children) before they are married... I know this is shocking news so take a deep breath.

People may even get married and not have kids right away or ever! By choice, even! I know, I know...I've just blown your mind. I'll give you a few minutes to pick up the pieces.

Then do something to make him see why he married you in the first place.

Yes, let's automatically assume it's her fault !

PainOfDemise 11

I think it's time to find a new husband.

emirie 21

Yes, just go down to the husband store and exchange yours for a better model because yours is clearly not working quite right.

I was window shopping there the other day, the throwbacks are on sale!

Rainhawk94 27

Couldn't have said it more clearly, he's unhappy and talking about won't change his mind since he's been like this for two years

I'm sorry but it sounds like you either need to talk this or get a new husband. There's no reason to put up with that It's going to be hard to do... Good luck, I wish you the best

"Get a new husband", what, like she can pick from a damn litter?!

Okay it was early I wasn't thinking and I kept seeing that phrase I sincerely apologize

Yeah, well I see that phrase used all the time in these "hubby and wife" stories, so...

Or better yet, no husband at all. But really, OP, talk with your husband, although he may just want out. I sure hope you two didn't have any kids.

#55: My mistake was pointed out, I apologized, time to move on man