Fortress of solitude

By Anonymous - 29/08/2022 18:00

Today, my son hates people so much he's working three jobs to be able move out and pay for his own place. He got the keys today and when I asked if he was having a housewarming party, he told me he’s not giving his address out to anyone, and no one is invited, ever, not even me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 792
You deserved it 595

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So your son wants to be left alone. Honor his wishes. He will more than likely eventually want you to come over, but you need to relax and give him what he wants since he is an adult

Not everyone was treated badly to not have family around. I joined the Navy right out of high school to get away from family, and they didn’t treat me badly. Some people are loners who simply are happy being alone.

Comments

So your son wants to be left alone. Honor his wishes. He will more than likely eventually want you to come over, but you need to relax and give him what he wants since he is an adult

Wanting to be left alone is one thing. If there's no known address, this guys gonna be one of those ones they find dead after 3 weeks, maybe even longer.

If that’s what he wants, that’s fine. I have a neighbor who only talks to me and she never has anyone over to her house or talks to anyone outside of work. Some people simply do not want to be sociable

AzraelAngelus 15

So how bad did you and your family treat him?

Not everyone was treated badly to not have family around. I joined the Navy right out of high school to get away from family, and they didn’t treat me badly. Some people are loners who simply are happy being alone.

But, there is a point to be made. If OPs son will work 3 jobs, being around many people, just to get out and away "to be alone", then there is something more going on. I am not saying the OP abused the son. I am saying, however, there is some good reason he wants to not even tell the parents. It could be he wants privacy he never had. Or OP may be bad with money and he wants a more stable life. Heck, maybe he wants to play in his own private pleasure room with whomever he chooses as his significant other without Mom judging him.

I grew up with 2 brothers, my sister lived with us off and on. My birth father was living with his GF for years and her kids (good relationship with father and step father). as soon as I had steady work and decent pay I got my own place. and I did ignore stop ins if they didn't tell me before hand. I simply like having my own space, and growing up crowded, i like being left alone after work most days. I visit family all the time, me and my brother bought a house and have people over. But I get annoyed when people are in my room, it's MY space. he will most likely come around when he gets a taste of being left alone. and I bet he will still talk to you, he just wants something of his own.

This is my dream... I'm a fan! - he wanted something, planned and went for it. That's all one parent could wish - a child who goes after his dreams regardless what the parents, family etc think. I spent nearly a year looking for a course that would get me a job that doesn't involve.human interaction, then I quit my career of 10yrs and took a year.of unemployment. I succeeded this year, now I'm three years from buildibg my own house middle of nowhere, literally 20-35km of no humans depending which direction. It doesn't mean you won't have a relationship it.means your son has his own space where he can distance himself without feeling guilty or anxious. I dislike people, to the point it takes me days to recover from a phone call and I need to pop pills. But when I'm left completely alone I'm the best person, worker, friend.

Be glad he's moving out considering all the ones who aren't.

mccuish 25

I think there’s more to this story

Right.... feel like OP is leaving out a lot of information which most likely about them being the reason