By Anonymous - 27/06/2009 14:52 - United States

Today, my husband passed a massive kidney stone. He is so proud of it that he wants to decorate our home with it. It is now sitting on my kitchen counter next to my produce. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 591
You deserved it 3 828

lmsquadritolaux tells us more.

Ok everyone. I originally posted this FML as anonymous and didn't think it would make the cut. But it looks like I got a huge response. IT IS TRUE for all of you haters. My husband has been battling with this stone since September and he FINALLY passed it (after numerous X-rays and CT scans, ER visits, and going to see a specialist). It wasn't the size of a fist (like some of you had said) but it was pretty large considering it had to come out of a tiny hole :). It is not tiny by any means!!! It's decorative life on my kitchen counter will be limited because his urologist wants to analyze it. THANK GOD! As to how he got it out of the toilet for everyone who asked: He didn't pee into his hand...gross. It came out and he reached in the toilet with a gallon sized plastic bag covering his hand so he wouldn't be soaked in piss. His urologist gave him a strainer but that was on display in my bathroom for months and I threw it out...GO FIGURE! That strainer was huge though, how was he suppose to carry it around with him to piss in? On a chain around his neck?! The stone was easy to find because his was multi-colored (brown/black, and off-white). It has spike like features which looks scary and painful. He was going to get it blasted for everyone who still doesn't believe. The procedure is $10,000....and we don't have that kind of money (I'm sure our insurance would have covered some of it). Plus the blasting is not always successful. Every time my husband thought about getting it blasted, the stone would move around (just like a baby, lol) and he would be pissing blood for days. I had fun reading everyones comments. Hopefully, I answered all of the questions. Lea, Brad, and Brad's kidney stone :)

Top comments

Yulia_fml 0

I guess men feel the same pride for something they went through a lot of pain for, as women feel about a similar thing - babies HAHA :)

Comments

What_fut_YADY 0

Wow, that's ******* disgusting your husband needs help. O_o

MissNicky_fml 0

YOU need help! Don't be an ass.

irrelevantxx 0
junkinmahcranium 0

Oh, just gross. Give it to the dog as a chew toy.

dfg_fml 0

#17 so does this mean women should decorate their houses with what comes out of them at their time of the month, too?

Lexia_fml 0

Hahaha agreed Stick a few tampons in a jar and put that next to it Oh and #37-doctors are also in a male-dominated field

jewelzgalore 0

Haha, it's adorable how he's so excited.

Aish_fml 0

When he goes to sleep throw that shit out!

Precisely! - must be newly weds to not have figured that out XD

testing_fml 0

Well. That's just lovely. But seriously, that's awesome.

nikki1001 0

lol this sounds like my bf! He has chronic kidney stones and is passing them all the time. We have a freakin' collection in our bathroom. #27: I've been through this PLENTY of times with my bf. Doctors even say kidney stones are worse than childbirth, whether it's a 10mm or 1mm stone.

of course its worse ... woman WANT more kids, no man i know wanted to pass even the 1st stone !