By i believe in shaq - 19/08/2012 22:28 - United States - Muskegon

Today, my husband announced that he was fed up with us being known as the neighborhood slobs, and prepared to take down all the Christmas decorations still up from last year. He then decided it was too much effort, and that he'd leave them up to give us a three month head-start. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 620
You deserved it 6 328

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ByronJess 17

It would be almost pointless to take them down now... But you should probably attend to that soon after Christmas this year...

JimSweatshirt 6

Now that's a smart man. Theres no point taking them down this far into the year. But still a slob

Comments

Well, Having the cars and the tall grass are not helping your case for equal treatment. This is America, we are use to people being different. It really is the cars and grass.

At least you'll be the most decorated family in the neighborhood!

People should live how they want to for the love of God. I love Xmas decorations, they make everything look magical. Leave them up, there isn't enough magic in the world.

"My husband and I are known as the neighborhood slobs because we are too lazy to take down our Christmas decorations. FML" Your life obviously sucks. It's not like your neighbors have a reason to call you slobs.

I'm sure others have asked, but why don't YOU take the decorations down?

I know Noor's self-appointed cheerleaders/ass-reamers are going to bury this, but it has to be said: I felt my IQ crash through the floor as I read her comment. Sorry, no two ways about it, it made ****-all sense and failed to justify its existence. Now I'm even more retarded than before I read it. Great, thanks.

People like you are why I happily live in a neighborhood with a HOA. We are required to take our holiday decorations down when the holidays are over.

**** that. Sounds revolting. What gives people the right to tell you what to do on your own property? I imagine you have to ask for their permission before painting the exterior of your house and have to keep lawns 'manicured'... Yuck!

46, I'm right there with you! I also live in a gated community with a strict association.(It's not for everyone) but I chose to live where I feel my house won't go down in appeal and value just because my neighbors don't care about maintaining their house like I do.(: My first home, I had people that kept wet clothes on clothesline and their front yards turned into mechanics shops with broken down cars that stayed there months on end.

soad2014 7

So what if y'all are deemed "the neighborhood slobs?" They're probably jealous of all the treasure you own. **** what the neighbors say.