By Anonymous - 30/04/2013 17:55 - United States - Hartford

Today, my guidance counselor told me that I'll have to join my school's special education needs sector. This is because I can't attend school properly due to chronic issues with severe pain. So much for my 3.9 GPA and being in the top 5% of my class. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 271
You deserved it 3 360

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Im sure theres is something you can do to avoid that , with grades like that you're school can't let it happen!

Comments

kcslgvr 11

I'm actually going through the same exact thing, OP. Just keep your head up and keep pushing on! : )

JCal585 8

Man up, pussy. Eat some protein and lift some heavy weights.

That sounds a bit fishy... OP, you should take that to another guidance counselor, your principal or your vice principal to get a second opinion.

It's prob just so they can classify you properly. I got to et in because of "uncontrolled diabetes" :) I'm not sure how tht effects learning, but I never really cared. I did care however that I missed 20 days of school and never had any negative repercussion so long as I tested well. This carried over professionally too where many companies have the sick occurrence policy. In our society it's very common for anyone who is a person with challenge to not take advantage of programs and support. But the way I look at it, why should I be too proud. I ain't got a working pancreas for instance, and it sucks. I might as well take an extra day of work without penalty. Do I a use the system, no, but should I take advantage of the opportunities it affords me, heck yeah! Because in the end of the day, Harvard won't care is you are classified in school if your taking college prep course and getting good grades. They will however reject your arse if you stay back because you took one too many sick days.

Being in the special education sector doesn't mean you aren't smart. That is offensive, I was in special ed for a learning disability all throughout high school. I'm in college now and have a 3.9 GPA. You obviously aren't very educated on special ed, you are still going to keep your GPA and top 5 percent if you do the work, you are just getting extra help. RUDE.

You must be living in some kind of perfect world. True, that's what it SHOULD be. But in a lot of schools, they use the special ed classes just to dump the worst performing students so they can keep their average up...

Look on the bright side. It'll be easier to keep that GPA.

kassy_0 4

The upside to this delimma? By the time you apply to college you can get all of the special needs scholarships... Education costs money!

Narelon 12

Well, there's nothing wrong with that. You know that it's cause of severe pain, and you can't help it.

I'm in the same sort of situation. I'm going to switch to a correspondence school in ME to get my diploma that way, rather than be stuck in my school.

Wealthyparrot 9

If they're trying to dump you in with the mentally retarded, take it to court. They will lose, and you'll be rich. If special needs encompasses medical needs, then get over yourself, they're offering you help. If you can't attend school, this program might be what you need to keep up with the work.