By Anonymous - 17/01/2015 19:00 - United States - Bowler

Today, my girlfriend asked me not to love her so much, so she doesn't have to try so hard to match my love for her. What the fuck? FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 342
You deserved it 9 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That may be a valid reason to end the relationship. You don't want a relationship where the love isn't mutual.

Maybe you're pushing too hard, and you're at the early stages of the relationship, and she's not ready to return those feelings? Maybe she just couldn't word it correctly. I wouldn't say break up with her. I'd say try to discuss it, and see where the issues lie, and if there really isn't any hope of your love being mutual, then that would be the time to end it and move on.

Comments

It does just sound like you're being a bit intense and smothering. Maybe just tone it down a bit?

That's so weird. She might have commitment or intimacy issues. Take it as a red flag and keep your eyes open.

Either you're Overly Attached Boyfriend, or she's just looking for excuses to cause drama. I'm leaning towards the former. Needs a follow-up.

WTF I wish I had a boyfriend that love me that much how can she ask that I'm speechless

It's claustrophobic and creepy. I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

#38, maybe OP is putting to much forward and she doesn't feel comfortable with it yet.

Maybe you were just smothering her and you were freaking her out ?

why are there so many YDIs? Y only DI if you're being clingy in the early stages. but if it's been a long time and you're just trying to keep up with the fact that you love her, then she's just trying to cause drama by being bitchy about it

Sorry OP but if your girlfriend feels like she has to try to match your love then you need a new gf

This really depends on the length of the relationship. 2 years: you need to move on. 2 months: don't come on so strong.

That doesn't make any sense. Does she even want to be in a relationship with you?