By Anonymous - 17/01/2015 19:00 - United States - Bowler

Today, my girlfriend asked me not to love her so much, so she doesn't have to try so hard to match my love for her. What the fuck? FML
I agree, your life sucks 32 342
You deserved it 9 288

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That may be a valid reason to end the relationship. You don't want a relationship where the love isn't mutual.

Maybe you're pushing too hard, and you're at the early stages of the relationship, and she's not ready to return those feelings? Maybe she just couldn't word it correctly. I wouldn't say break up with her. I'd say try to discuss it, and see where the issues lie, and if there really isn't any hope of your love being mutual, then that would be the time to end it and move on.

Comments

Maybe she was just trying to be cute and it was her way of telling you that she appreciates your immense love. Yes girls can be confusing. You always have to read in between the lines.

This doesn't sound cute. She likely meant exactly what she said: She finds it difficult to match his lover for her. Girls aren't some enigmatic puzzle.

wiccanangel13 10

I'm sorry that you are going through this. I have a friend's who had been with his girl for over a year and she left him because she fell out of love with him. Some women have commitment issues and can't handle love the way most people can.

She probably still really likes you, but she just isn't ready to love you yet. Don't end your relationship, just try to suppress your feelings a bit until she's ready.

brendejafulable 41

Maybe she just doesn't love you. She's faking it, and it's getting too hard for her.

It can be hard on both of you when there is a clear imbalance of feelings in a relationship. Years ago early in my relationship with my husband it was unspoken but we both knew that I felt more for him than he did for me. One night he finally confessed to me that he worried sometimes that I loved him more than he was capable of loving at all. It is a lot of pressure and can make them feel bad about not feeling more, but it's not like they can force it! Now, many years later we are happily married and that imbalance that used to exist definitely doesn't anymore. If anything he's actually now the more affectionate one!

Thanks for posting this! Definitely gives me hope that my boyfriend and I can still succeed- even though I'm sure he "loves me more" so to speak.

ive never heard of such a thing. well itll be her loss in the end op.

Maybe you're the overly clingy pushy type? Which can be really exhausting to be with, or scary really.. >.>

born_hustla 26

No reciprocity..seems like someone is not even trying there! Ouch!