By doomed - 22/08/2009 17:46 - United States

Spicy
Today, my fiancée, who believes in "sex after marriage" like me, told me she was pregnant. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 403
You deserved it 6 693

Same thing different taste

Top comments

how is it his own fault! its his belief and what he belived his GF belived in, so; what youse are basicaly saying is; he deserved it for being trusting. idiots.

adelaide_evening 0

I think this was supposed to be an FML because he was cheated on, not because he believes in sex after marriage. And you're being kind of an idiot with the whole "you deserve it for believing that". Not everyone has the same views as you. And the girl got pregnant not because the boyfriend was "holding out" on her, but because she is untrustworthy (or a two-faced *****, whichever way you wanna look at it).

Comments

You mean you believe in "no sex before marriage"? Everyone knows sex ends shortly after you get married :P xD LOL

yay4felix 0

That really sucks. For those people who think its "religious crap" or "pointless" to keep your virginity until marriage, just want to let you know its not. Less of a chance of STD's, because it will only be one person. Less pain, you wouldn't be so nervous and clumsy and you would have more privacy and patience and respect. Less chance of an unwanted baby, or having to murder and child by getting an abortion, or making another child suffer by putting them out for adoption. AND less chance of GETTING DUMPED. MOST TEENAGE and 20SOMETHING guys will have sex with you and dump you. I have seen it many many many many times. It happens. You know it. For those of you who have had sex and nothing happend, I suggest you don't do it again. It isn't worth the risk until after marriage. PLUS it seems the ones who havent waited are the ones who are people sooo judgemental.

There's nothing wrong with sex before mariage as it strengthens the bond that you share. By having it before marriage you ensure there are no suprises in the bedroom. It wouldn't be very good to finally try for the children you've always wanted to find you're partner impotent. The reason i'm writing this to you rather than someone else is that i take extreem offence to you saying that a child will suffer for being put up for adoption. The only reason they would suffer is because of people like you treating them differently for it.

I did a paper on the negative effects of pre-marital sex once. Actually, statistics show that a couple that has sex before marriage is four more times likely to divorce. If sex education actually taught EVERYTHING about sex, such as emotional effects, put more emphasis on the benefits abstinence (which would also maybe make being celibate more culturally acceptable, and maybe we wouldn't have these """""tolerant""""" liberals go into a tantrum about how people who want to be celibate suck in every way imaginable), then I think the negative vs. the positive effects of pre-marital sex would be much more objective. But, I'll end there.

Lovely sentiment #162. It sounds like you are also being judgemental. Personally I had sex before marriage and I have been married for 9 years. Nothing horrible happened to us because my wife and I were careful ie- we were tested for STD's etc. Marriage doesn't give you patience and respect. It doesn't reduce the "pain" nervousness or clumsiness. Neither does it necessarily reduce the chances of recieving an std from sex. Marriage is not a magical word and does not make the risk more or less 'worth it'. Monogamy is more important than marriage when it comes to safety. I don't know why you put 'getting dumped' in all caps, but using generalities like 'most 20-somethings (which i still qualify for) is mostly useless and points more toward your focus than an actual trend. Please be aware that your image of a marriage does not a happy marriage make.

Kttttt 0

I believe in sex after marriage too, but I also belive in it before!

Hellsno 0

Hahahaha.... we have the same belief system

OP: that sucks. Good luck finding yourself a faithfull girl/woman. And don't wait with the sex, otherwise you will end up as a 100 years old virgin.

OH ******* SHUT UP. Jesus, anyone else want to write a novel while we're here? And well Plex, you better make it fast cause I still want to punch yaaaae :)

waffle_lover 0

sorry :'( she doesnt deserve you!!!

Way to much free time on your hands, don't you think?

yay4felix 0

Wow. People on both sides of this issue are really losing their minds here. It's kind of hilarious. OP: For both spiritual and personal reasons, my husband and I waited until we got married to have sex. No, it wasn't easy, but it was worth it. It's really made the sex feel more special. The lessons in patience can really pay off in the bedroom, too. ;) I'm sorry that your fiance lied to you about something that can be so nice. It might a good idea at this point to bow out, cut your losses, and do what you can to improve your relational skills. Nobody's perfect, so you might as well take some time to learn more about yourself. Much luck!