By Desiree_lianne - 26/03/2016 21:02 - United States

Today, my fiance said his cat is going to be my maid of honor at our wedding. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 005
You deserved it 2 968

Same thing different taste

Top comments

KeannaLove 32

If I hadn't eloped when I got married, I would've totally had my dogs as the best men! They are a big part of your life and why wouldn't you to include them? However, if you don't want that speak up. It's both of yours wedding and everyone should be happy!

It's your wedding too. Neither of you should veto or demand something for/from the other person. Just have a calm talk with him and explain why that a terrible ******* idea

Comments

Our dog was our ring bearer, along with my Neice, but a maid of honor should not only be human, as they have responsibilities helping the bride, but be the brides choice. If he insists, go buy a beta fish and tell your fiancé that you want your fish to be the best man. I'd love to hear the speech the fish comes up with!

Whatever, you don't have to do that just because the cat is a girl. Tell him he can put her in as a groomsmaid.

Might I suggest a compromise, OP? You get to choose your maid of honor but she has to attend in full furry mode, dressed as your cat. Everybody wins.

Can you say, "EX-fiance," boys and girls?

Can you say "complete overreaction" boys and girls?

Tell him your dad gets to be the best man then

He'd probably be too ashamed to get involved with such a farce.

Was he joking? Please tell me he was...

quarterbird 18

Most men who own cats are Bond villains or... Off.

The bride chooses the bridal Party and maid of honour and the groom picks the groomsmen and best man neither one should have a say in the others personal party it's the only thing you each don't get a say in everything else is a joint decision

I think the bride and groom should choose the maid of honor and best man, respectively. The rest of the bridal party could be influenced by both the bride and groom though, but as a mutual decision.

How would a Best Cat even work? Would you tranq the fu out him to get him to stay? If someone held him he'd probably start squirming and shift the focus from OP and the groom. At least the right kind of dog would sit there but I just do t see how a cat would work. Btw, I think you should both get the wedding you want!

Sorry, I just noticed that the cat would be a Cat of Honor. You have 51% of the vote on this one.

Why only 51%? I understand not necessarily being 100% (perhaps she's best friends with his ex or something and that might make him feel uncomfortable, or she wants his sister but he wants her as his best 'man'), but not a mere 51%.

I meant it as the ultimate deciding vote in their "discussion" about this. Personally I'd be protective about my Maid of Honor decision if was a girl. When I got married I don't think it crossed either of our minds to dictate who our attendants would be.