By Sadfaic - 23/01/2012 02:59 - United States

Today, my long lost father came to visit me. He got drunk, then tried to beat me up. My neighbor called the police, and as soon as they got there, my father yelled, "Help! This man tried to stab me!" The sad part is, they believed him. FML
I agree, your life sucks 35 633
You deserved it 2 138

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Sorry OP :( I think you are better off without him.

didn't they believe the neighbor? and couldn't they smell the alcohol? wow...FYL

Comments

Sorry OP :( I think you are better off without him.

K_kanaka 26

OP ur long lost father is a fucken dick. Don't give him a second chance.

Exactly! At least you haven't turned out like him, OP. Hopefully you had a better role model. (:

eyyitsalejandra 0

What a dick. I hope the police ended up believing you

n_epic_fail 14

Just goes to show, just because you fathered a child doesn't make you a father. He should have just stayed lost.

goldfish78 11

I think the cops would believe since it is his place. His father considered trespassing already.

I'm assuming the neighbour told the police what was happening when they made the call. Why the **** would the police believe his father? Just tell the cops to check his blood alcohol level and you'll be fine, OP.

Well I think YDI for not stabbing him b4 the cops got there :P

That would made it worse since now there is actual evidence of the stabbing, and OP would go to prison for a long time...

Oh gee, it's not like this exact same story was posted before.

So your dad is not in Jail after trying to beat you? Thats sucks though.

Epsilonyx 15

14, don’t just **** the police. Take the police on a romantic dinner date. Then, slowly win the absolute affection of the police. Make the police fall in love with you. Make the police unable to imagine life without you. Eventually, once your relationship has reached the apex of perfection, tenderly make love to the police. Make the police want you. Make the police need you. Then move away and never call back.

jellitonoctopus 19

19, 14 was just referring to another fml.

jellitonoctopus 19

Woops, my misunderstanding 19, I've misread your comment, my apologies.

RedPillSucks 31
nonamericandolla 6

OP is ok! Can't be writing this from jail...

Sounds like a convincing drunk if they believed him. that's crappy OP..

godofswag 6
Michael_92 20

@35 What does your first beer have to do with the FML? Anyway OP I would suggest to maybe leave him out of your life? He sounds like a bad dad to me.

MikeMikeTheAzn 3

Be like "Whoa whoa whoaaaaa!.... It was chuckie!"

Whoa whoa whoaaaaa! ... Just stop there mate. No! Just No!

didn't they believe the neighbor? and couldn't they smell the alcohol? wow...FYL

mygreenhoodie 0

At least hes a good role model

Judging from his picture, I don't think he's joking.

xStaciexLynnx 15

I think it was sarcasm, not a joke.

mama2b3 20

Sometimes people should just stay lost.

^ Agreed. Simply being related by blood isn't a good excuse to deal with a life time of abusive shit, for example. Family's a privilege, not a right, and it should be treated as such, IMHO....

The way that I see it, is that he will now again be long and lost to you. For a long time.

You should be glad he was long lost and you didnt have to grow up with that it sucks but it could be alot worse hope this helps

"Believed" hopefully means they believe you now! Yet not realizing your father was just trying to teach you that good doesn't always win may be your loss ^.~