By in love with an idiot - 20/11/2016 11:47 - Angola - Luanda

Today, my soon-to-be husband showed up with an animal print suit at our engagement ceremony. FML
I agree, your life sucks 10 250
You deserved it 1 654

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TheyCallMeDamien 17

And he didn't bring you a matching outfit? Y'all need to coordinate better.

Comments

MisterKnowItAll 15

At least it was a suit. He could have shown up in animal pajamas or a full-on furry suit. He could show up in full warrior gear at your wedding, or the crowd could grimace and scream while making poses for an hour. Just bring your own magical princess outfit and chillax.

why wouldn't you want to show up in a suit of armor to your engagement ceremony

I wouldn't mind my guy showing up in a fursuit.

cootiequeen4444 11

8, have you ever worn a suit of armor? That's why. (the idea of it is nice though).

#27 I have. It's actually pretty comfortable, as long as it's not hot.

afallingstar 22

He sounds like a fun guy. At least it was just the engagement not the actual wedding.

Is it really that important? I mean, sure, it's unconventional, but unless you had a specific color scheme you wanted him to stick to (in which case you should've discussed that with him before the ceremony) I'd say he's free to wear whichever suit he wants. This day should be about the two of you wanting to get married, not about wearing the "right" clothes.

Honest question: What's an engagement ceremony?

in some parts of the world, the engagement is a full celebration party almost as much as the wedding is. I live in Dubai and I've been to a few engagement parties myself so I'm guessing this might be similar.

abraybro 27

It's pretty much a pre wedding ceremony that's celebrated in some cultures.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

And he didn't bring you a matching outfit? Y'all need to coordinate better.

tinytyler 12

I guess he's a real party animal

awildwhisper 30

YDI for not laying his clothes out for him

cootiequeen4444 11

Yes... guess that wasn't as obvious as I thought. My bad. We really need a sarcasm font lol