By Gracie-Ann - 01/07/2013 06:38 - United States - Portland

Today, my fiancé paid a visit to my parents so he could ask my dad's permission to marry me. My dad responded with, "Why buy the cow when you can milk it for free?" FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 677
You deserved it 4 812

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ItsAnanya 25

Should've asked your mum ," why did you buy the pig if you could get the sausage for free?" Congratulations on the engagement though ^~^

perdix 29

#7, it was a barnyard reference. The dad was horsing around by being a pig. Hopefully, the OP ducked the question and won't chicken out on the proposal -- that'd be bull! See how that works? Now, you give it a try. . .

Comments

Maybe, your father was testing him to gauge a true response? hope he passed the test! lol.

darkenedone 27
thatgirlincali 13

That's a weird family. A cow daughter and a jackass father. What's the mother?

thatgirlincali 13

Wow, I have problems, can you delete comments?

YDI if you had him ask for permission. This is not 1800, you don't need your dad's permission to get married.

It's the woman's fault that her father, or maybe just her fiancé, is living in the 19th century. Go sit in the corner and think about what you just said.

TheWhiteLotus 5

It's called consideration, you moon cricket.

crystalblue7511 6

Your fiancé should've said, " Because i want the meat!"

bmxshipp 5

Geez, some people take shot too seriously. Good on your fiancé for wanting to ask for their permission but it's a joke. I'm guessing dad was ok with him and gave his blessing or he never would've cracked the joke in the first place?

I hope your fiancee treats you better than your dad does.

ghil_fml 7