By Twiggysucks68 - 07/01/2013 01:49 - United States - Antioch

Today, my fiancé decided he wants a baby only because our dog is good, quiet, and falls asleep as soon as he starts to cradle her. He thinks a baby will be just like that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 316
You deserved it 2 822

Same thing different taste

Top comments

zingline89 18

Speaking from experience, he'll be sorry for assuming a baby will be like a pet. I was very disappointed when my baby daughter was unwilling to use a litter box.

Give him one of those realistic dolls that shit, cry, scream, and pee. He'll change his mind.

Comments

Vidimus 13

Suggestion to find a friend with children already, the younger the better, and have him babysit for a short while. I'm sure the illusion will vanish soon enough.

OP, please, do NOT let him reproduce!

skyeyez9 24

Some babies are more laid back than others. Mine screamed nonstop for hours at a time (colic) in the middle of the night, and made me want to curl into a ball and die. Others like my brother in law was so quiet and calm. He slept alot and even had to be woken up to eat and have his diapers chnged.

well dogs are cuter and better than useless babies

Life_sucks_13 6

Get him one of those babies you get in high school to take care of for health. He'll regret it after that

people need to stop thinking about what having babies is like and start thinking what having children is like. you have a baby for like 30 seconds. you have a child for a lifetime

If your baby turns into a toddler "like 30 seconds" after being born, I advise you find medical assistance, because (s)he is likely to have a sincere case of progeria.

You and your fiance need to find a friend with a baby and offer to babysit for a weekend. He'll surely change his tune that it's as easy as caring for a dog!

asnakelovinbabe 16

You never know! My baby was just like that... She never cried as a newborn.... Our friends used to want to strangle us because of how damned lucky we are!

Do you have any friends, or family that have babies? Babysit one.

Just dress the dog up and pass it off, he may never know the difference.