By kidyounot - 18/12/2012 00:29 - United States - Statesboro

Today, my fiancé called off our engagement after I contested his belief that women stop having periods after they are married. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 598
You deserved it 4 194

Same thing different taste

Top comments

xMiss_Maggot 7
lesserofallevils 9

Is that the only reason he wanted to marry you? So he would stop getting his period?

Comments

#8 -- I suppose pregnancy often happens after marriage, and periods stop with pregnancy. Maybe someone made a joke or sarcastic comment about that at some point and someone else naively took it seriously? Who knows. At any rate, OP, FYL, and may your next sweetie be smarter.

Where do women on here find these idiots??

Well that's probably a good thing--chances are he'd start calling you a witch if you had your menses after your wedding! Go find a video on YouTube that talks about women's cycles until menopause and email it to him.

ViviMage 38

He also HAS to stop having morning wood, scratching his balls, and urges to belch! He can't? Same reason as your periods: basic biology!

The_F3rris 11

Wow. And my bf thought a woman pees out the same hole used for sex. Men are hopeless sometimes.

nikkinurse 10

People keep writing that this must have been the only reason he wanted to Marry you- wtf? That doesn't make any sense- why would a guy marry a girl so she wouldn't get her period- that sounds like more indenture for a woman to get married- and has he NEVER met a couple who got pregnant after they were married-??? This guy is a blue ribbon ****!!

myklknife 6

Well you don't really need to marry such an idiot in first place.

onorexveritas 23

If that were true, girls would be gettin married at 16 like way back in the day.