By girlsncomics - 28/04/2017 18:10

Today, I went out to get some medication and left my dog in the house because it was raining. When I returned, I found the tattered remains of video game cases scattered all over my living room floor. Most of them were limited editions that I'd been borrowing from my brother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 679
You deserved it 2 341

girlsncomics tells us more.

girlsncomics 16

I had them in a shelf that I was sure she couldn't reach suppose I was wrong. This was the first and only time she did something like this.

Top comments

Aaaand you are probably gonna be on his shit list for a while, because limited editions can get up to over $150, easy. And that's buying them when they are NEW. If any of them were over... say 10 years? Ouch. Just... Ouch.

what the hell is the point of having a dog if it just stays outside all the time? orrr... tied to a pole in the basement.

Comments

Aaaand you are probably gonna be on his shit list for a while, because limited editions can get up to over $150, easy. And that's buying them when they are NEW. If any of them were over... say 10 years? Ouch. Just... Ouch.

OP, we've always tied up our outside dog when indoors via a leash around a basement pole or bannister else put him inside his latched-shut car crate. :-(

what the hell is the point of having a dog if it just stays outside all the time? orrr... tied to a pole in the basement.

species4872 19

A lot of people only have their dogs outside, however they usually have a kennel or some other type of shelter for them. By the way, not all dogs are pets as they maybe working dogs. Sounds like OP usually only has the dog inside when he's there but because he had to go out and it was raining he thought that leaving the dog inside was ok.

MogarTheBeast 3

well it was just because it was raining if I'm gonna leave for just a little bit and its raining ill leave my dog inside but usually he stays out

MogarTheBeast 3

well it was just because it was raining if I'm gonna leave for just a little bit and its raining ill leave my dog inside but usually he stays out

If you're lucky your dog just downloaded the games :) always look at the positive OP.

TabooSushi 24

Better prepare to start paying to replace them. And get your dog some damned training to deal with separation.

I got anxiety just reading this. On one hand I feel sorry for you OP, on the other, if you left them near the floor or in a place the dog can reach it, then YDI.

Has your dog acted up like this when you leave him and/or it's raining? If so, YDI for not making sure the games were in a spot he'd be less likely to get them. If this is a first-time incident, FYL.

I'm also thinking because they were his brothers and not his, the smell of them was different and it was an 'unknown item' in the house. Sometimes you don't know how your dog will react to other peoples items! Collectors editions of anything though should be kept up and away from anything below 4', especially with animals! Really sucks for OP.

girlsncomics 16

I had them in a shelf that I was sure she couldn't reach suppose I was wrong. This was the first and only time she did something like this.

mariri9206 32

OP, did you keep those in a cabinet or drawer your dog can't get to? Cause, if not, you should have, given how valuable they are.

I leave my dog in the house everyday when I go to work. He's pretty good about not getting into stuff unless he's mad, but I STILL take precautions. I put up the trash, I turn off any power strips, I put up anything I don't want him chewing up. I guess I could see if you were in a hurry you'd forget, but to me, you should have seen it coming. Considering it sounds like your dog isn't used to being in the house alone since you didn't put it outside only because it was raining.

Excadere 0

You should keep expensive games like that somewhere protected and not in the open. Especially if you have animals inside the house.