A sand castle

By Roasted Marshmallows - 07/11/2019 03:30

Today, I took a DNA test and it turns out that the person who I thought was my dad is not my actual dad and my real dad is his best friend. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 583
You deserved it 150

Same thing different taste

Top comments

your life sucks,bu it is not your fault.

rotflqtms_ 21

It's also possible (though unlikely) that they were having trouble conceiving and they decided to use him as a sperm donor and were successful. Or that the mom and his best friend were together before, they broke up and the non-bio dad decided he loved her and wanted to raise the kid with her. Or the mom is just a cheating scumbag and the husband never knew. So many possibilities.

Comments

your life sucks,bu it is not your fault.

Mungolikecandy 19

From my experience of such things from a prior job nearly a quarter of people who check their parentage find out the person they thought was their father is not,

randomnobody0622 6

why would this bother you? who actually took care of you? thats what matters

Because it's literally world shifting. I'm sure they'll reach the point you're saying at some point but they can't go from "Oh dad's not my dad" to "but he raised me so he is" in .2 seconds. Hell it took me a couple days to come to terms with the fact that I have an aunt my dad never told us about and that my mom knew about it. When she reached out to my sister I thought it was a scam until my mom confirmed she was who she said she was. The OP has to not only process this new information but process how this changes literally every interaction they've had with dad's best friend and if he knew they were his. It also drastically changes their medical history.

Sound like your mom is a cheater! Don’t grow up to be like her.

rotflqtms_ 21

It's also possible (though unlikely) that they were having trouble conceiving and they decided to use him as a sperm donor and were successful. Or that the mom and his best friend were together before, they broke up and the non-bio dad decided he loved her and wanted to raise the kid with her. Or the mom is just a cheating scumbag and the husband never knew. So many possibilities.

manb91gb 15

Well at least you didn't marry your brother before you did the test...

Who the he11 voted this YDI???? How could it be a YDI, the poor bastard wasn't even born yet!