By byegeorge - 17/08/2012 11:26 - United Kingdom - Hounslow

Today, my dog was run over. The man who ran over my dog was taking his own dog to the emergency vet. As the man awkwardly tried to apologise to me, he said, "Think of the irony". FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 868
You deserved it 1 984

Same thing different taste

Comments

mhopper 13

He was probably trying to lighten the mood and failed miserably. Sorry for your loss :(

At least he apologized instead of just driving away. It is pretty ironic though. But did he offer to take YOUR dog to the vet? Or at least pay the medical bills? That is, if the dog was still alive. Either way, sorry, OP :(

**** that fool. He could have easily ran you down instead. But please clarify, did he stop or did he meet you at the vet?

Y u no use your brainparts?!? Clearly, the guy sped up to 60mph, at which point OP gave chase, got hold of the rear bumper, dug his feet into the asphalt, and brought the car to a grinding halt. And that's when you have this confrontation take place. No, seriously though. Is this the kind of stuff that's conjured up in a mind that can't assume the most obvious scenario? Also, "he could have easily ran you down instead?" Are you trying to plead that the driver could've done much worst, but he didn't, and therefore OP should be what...thankful? Let's entertain the idea that this is case. Then why "**** the fool?" Should the OP be angry? Or thankful? I'm thoroughly confused. Is this the kind of stuff that happens in a mind that can't maintain a proper line of reasoning? Aaaaghh! My brainpart hurts. This post is akin to the well-known contradictory phrase: "This statement is false." An A.I. would effectively fry itself trying to make any sense of it.

Op should be thankful that they lost their dog rather than their own life. Who knows, maybe the driver speed off while op carried their dismembered dog to the vet. I can imagine it to be much more ironic for the driver to meet up with op at the vet. This alternative story can fit because there is no point stating it happened differently. Dose my bullshit inflict pain?

And similarly, my alternative story where OP chased after a car going 60mph and stopped it with brute force also fits, because there were no point stating it happened differently. And yes, a dose of your bullshit does inflict pain. Haha, okay man, I'm just being petty and giving you a hard time. I'll stop now.

At least the guy apologized. Judging by your name, I guess your dog didn't make it. I'm sorry for your loss, Op.

FYL... I feel kinda bad for the guy too though :/ He was probably in shock and sort of trying to make it better with humor...

bigtime_rocker 11

I feel for your dog. Hope that the injuries weren't too severe. You should have dropkicked careless driver, though!

23- No, it's called shut the hell up and let this guy be sad about someone running over his dog. You have no idea what happened. So why don't you try feeling a little sorry for this guy? It isn't too hard, I promise.

Why is your dog roaming free? A leashed dog with a owner in control of him/her would have stopped your pet from those injuries! *** I was bit by a dog by a careless owner and now have a phobia of them! And I'm pissed because I could have learned to love dogs instead of fearing them thinking I'll get eaten by them one day!

DontClickOnMe 28

You can still learn to love dogs even if you have a phobia of them. Just make sure you meet a nice one. When I was younger, I got bit by a Rottweiler and a German Shepard and I had to go to the hospital both times for stitches. Then, I met my neighbor's golden retriever who is super sweet and doesn't bite and now I've gotten over my fear of big dogs. =)

27 - Perhaps the dog ran out the front door when OP went to get the mail? Happens to me all the time... she just won't stay put. It's not always a case of the owner refusing to leash their dog.

I understand pets wanting to jolt out the doors but you knowing your dog does that from time to time means you could make a better effort to try to block that from happening. Ugh! I'm just a little bitter about bad dog/pet owners (definitely not saying you're one :P) Btw Steff, I'm now wondering if you ever did try Tiramisu. ;)

Leashes don't always help dog coulda been on one of those retractable leashes that never stop the dog when u need it to. Kid throws rocks at leashed dog dog goes to chomp kids ass leash isn't "stopping" as it should... 3k fine for me.

"My dog was ran over" doesn't make sense. "My dog was run over" does.

coughyochick 7

43- Source: Websters Dictionary Ran- verb. past tense of "run". Since I'm sure nobody is running over his dog. I'm right.

The dog *was* run over. He *ran* over the dog. Still sucks for the dog and the owner.

coughyochick 7

Yes, it still sucks. But I accomplished trolling somebody with actual facts.

Harmony_Ann725 0

Many things spelled with a "z" in the US are spelled with an "s" in the UK.

VooDooCarrie91 19

Apologize can be spelled either way. Especially considering OP is from the UK.. Just saying >_>

Don't correct someone's spelling if you're ignorant to how their country spells certain words. Apologise is correct for the UK. The ignorance between countries stuns me.