By chestycough - 16/09/2013 04:35 - Australia - Belrose

Today, my doctor asked me to undo my bra so he could check my breathing without the straps restricting my lungs, I got home and told my friends how awkward it was. Not one of them has had this happen to them before. We all go to the same doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 940
You deserved it 5 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

just creepy. change doctors and take appropriate action.

Considered that maybe your bra was tighter than your friends? Don't always jump to the worst conclusion.

Comments

hazardmuffin 21

Perhaps you wear tight bras? Or was your doctor checking your lungs specifically due to illness or something? I see nothing unusual with this in any case. Tight clothing can restrict the lungs, the doctor needs to be able to hear clearly.

Ovoxo_5 5

maybe he saw that you had really tight straps lol.

Multiple similar experiences to this are why all of my doctors are female.

eugene89us 2

That is not considered out of ordinary. Even in ambulatory setting, your personal items may be too constricting for a complete physical. In ER, we have to cut patients' clothing no matter the diagnosis, so that they do not prevent us from carrying out any procedures. Nobody sues for that, it is a part of medical care. Your friends may have been in a different circumstance than you.

I have never had that happen, but when ever I go to the drs he ALWAYS has a female in there even if I'm with my mom

did he check your reflexes as well? specifically, your gag reflex. that would be a little awkward.

Let the officials to judge if his behaviour is appropriate or not. If you don't feel comfortable, at least you have the rights to address it.