By chestycough - 16/09/2013 04:35 - Australia - Belrose

Today, my doctor asked me to undo my bra so he could check my breathing without the straps restricting my lungs, I got home and told my friends how awkward it was. Not one of them has had this happen to them before. We all go to the same doctor. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 940
You deserved it 5 442

Same thing different taste

Top comments

flashback.miss 28

just creepy. change doctors and take appropriate action.

Considered that maybe your bra was tighter than your friends? Don't always jump to the worst conclusion.

Comments

Did he just have you unhook your bra? There is nothing creepy about simply unhooking if that was all he saw. If he had you take it off in some way that he saw your breasts, or reached around to touch you, that would be inappropriate. You may have been wearing an especially tight bra or your body type may make it necessary for him to request that to hear you properly. I doubt your body is exactly like your friends' bodies so you can't really compare.

funsizedbecka 9

That's actually common. Most doctors ask you to remove your bra.

Then that tells me you're the hot one out of all your friends.

monnanon 13

and of course you all have the exact same medical history meaning that you are examined in exactly the same way. if this was a routine check up then yeah its creepy but as long as your top was still on then its not really too bad. if you went it with a tight and painful chest then this might be legit. its a slim chance but it might.

Reminds me of Joey's tailor in FRIENDS. haha

Jesus where do you lay people get this kind of ideas? Females in general respire via thoraco-abdominal breathing as opposed to men who usually breathe via abdomino-thoraco instead.Hence it's very difficult to see chest movement in females during quiet respiration, especially due to the amount of adipose tissue. With a bra, it's probably impossible. Don't simply judge the poor doc. Sheeesh. Respiratory rate is a vital sign. It's mandatory for him to evaluate. We see hundreds of breasts on a daily basis. We seriously couldn't careless. Give the guy a break. His probably sleep deprived as it is.

Well maybe all your friends have small boobs and there bras don't restrict him from checking there breathing but for you it does :)... Just a thought