By gbabyy - 22/11/2009 03:25 - United States

Today, my daughter was playing outside. I was watching her from the window, and I saw her pick up a dead bird. I ran outside to grab her. As I picked her up and started scolding her, she tried to scratch my face. In the attempt, her hand went straight into my mouth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 744
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quietcannon 0

She tried to scratch your face? How is she that bad with her behavior already?! She needs to be spanked.

When you say "daughter," you mean "cat" right? That would make a lot more sense, in multiple places.

Comments

I'm assuming, based on the child's behavior, that shes probably what? 4? 5? so, my question is, why were you watching her from the window instead of out there with her?? YDI

silverx10 0

Silly rabbit, every good parent knows that the proper scolding of children is done by picking them up, holding them at a safe distance, and shaking them until they learn their lesson. ...But srsly, FYL.

Yeah, kids are great. Every time she does something like this just remember... you did this to yourself in deciding to have a kid. Maybe you'd be travelling the world right now instead of brushing your tongue for an hour to get the dead bird taste out of your mouth. Good luck with that... sounds like you have a real winner there! Enjoy!

tayzer_fml 0

She tried to scratch your face. Whatever you are currently doing to keep her in check is not enough. I wouldn't even sigh or roll my eyes around my mother.

wearinsexypants 0

I was once babysitting a little boy in a theatre scene shop. i got a really important phone call I had been waiting for and let go of Dylan for 1 second, and he walked over to a flat and swiped his hand through the paint. Now, I was only 17 so I can be forgiven for letting go of the baby in my excitement. But even I knew that if you need to clean a baby's hand, because of paint or dead bird or whatever, you don't just scoop up the baby because they will rub that hand all over you and them. you have to hold their dirty hand, by the arm, in one of your hands while you pick them up with the other. that way, no dead bird hand in your mouth. but you're probably not the best parent anyway. I suspect you severely over-reacted to natural curiosity and freaked your daughter out, causing her to try to scratch you, or you have taught her that scratching and violence is ok. so yes, fyl, but not for the dead bird taste in your mouth... you deserved that.