By AnHoneyMouse - 12/05/2017 02:00

Today, while I was cooking, my dogs were messing around behind me. I suddenly felt a painful bite on my ass cheek and instinctively kicked back. I then realized it was my 3-year-old daughter, who was laying on the floor crying with a nose bleed. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 114
You deserved it 1 401

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That is what we call a natural consequence..... hurts livings things and in general they will hurt you back

Wait, so did it mean that your daughter bit you in the ass? And don't worry about it, we don't blame you for kicking your daughter by accident because it's instinct and you didn't know!

Comments

That is what we call a natural consequence..... hurts livings things and in general they will hurt you back

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
WeirdUS 29

Yeah but but you shouldn't be attempting to kick your dog. I had a dog, My dog bit me once because a friend got her excited and scared her. My arm was bloody, but I'd never think of hitting her let alone kicking her. Pets are reflections of their owners. Hunter S. Thompson said it best only a punk hits his woman and his dog.

WeirdUS 29

Yeah but but you shouldn't be attempting to kick your dog. I had a dog, My dog bit me once because a friend got her excited and scared her. My arm was bloody, but I'd never think of hitting her let alone kicking her. Pets are reflections of their owners. Hunter S. Thompson said it best only a punk hits his woman and his dog.

GhostFox, I'm guessing you don't actually have kids. I am pretty sure that being Thwacked accidentally by a parent because the child bit them and the parent reacted institutionally is a near universal thing. I've done it with both my kids (nearly identical situations for one- She bit me in the butt and I reacted by smacking her in the head to get her off because DAMN THAT HURT- the other one bit me in the ankle and I shook her off with my foot, bonking her nose). My best friend had the same thing happen when her toddler bit her in the thigh. Another friend had this happen when she got bit in the arm unexpectedly. All kids try an experimental bite or 137. Yes, We all feel bad about our reaction- and we all talked to our children about what happened a why, and apologized- but I don't think her child will be permanently damaged, unless she had a future in stealth ass-biting.

Or the kid just learns that biting a parent in the ass is not a proper way to show affection and continues life with no harm done. I wish people stopped acting like everything that could possibly happen to a kid will traumatize them for life. Accidents happen, that's life, no need to make the parent feel guiltier than they already do because they instinctively reacted to pain.

Gwengreen 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Am I missing the part where it's OP's fault? Because I don't see it

Maybe she has Assburger's Syndrome. That's where you think buns are edible.

I was talking to the receptionist at work (a mother of three) and she told me she bites her children back and they've stopped. I've never tried the practice myself but hey, it's not stupid if it works!!

But that's actually stupid. How do you want them to understand it is bad to bite people if you do it too ?

you don't actually bite them hard. but they don't like it and make the connection that its not a good thing to do. kids are smarter than we give them credit for.

Talis99 26

It made them stop, didn't it, Lit?

if it's done to them they'll understand that it hurts and is undesirable and they'll make the connection that biting people in general hurts and is undesirable.

Wait, so did it mean that your daughter bit you in the ass? And don't worry about it, we don't blame you for kicking your daughter by accident because it's instinct and you didn't know!

gamer_girl_0 8

And she needs to learn a lesson from biting an ass

I agree with this reaction. Something hits you, hit it back then figure out what it was.

AmberAlert12 13

Bet she won't be biting your ass any more!

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Ah... I agree to a point, but a kick that wouldn't hurt a big dog (I spend a lot of time around a 125 lb chocolate lab/Rottweiler mix that doesn't really respond until you use a lot of pressure, though I haven't ever tried actually hitting him) would definitely knock the crap out of a toddler (especially one that's young enough to not know not to bite). I'm torn between "dude, that sucks" and "dude, that's on you."

you must have been one of those positive reinforcement kids. kids and animals sometimes need a good swat to smarten them up. kid shouldn't bite. now they know better.

I mean, I just raised one, so what do I know, but she stopped biting pretty damn quick when I tried the 'yelp and ignore for a minute' technique. Small children are kind of like kittens and puppies in that regard--when they realize it results in being ignored or told 'no', they stop. I've never once needed to smack my kid, and she turned out just fine.

Life's hard lesson learned, I guess.