By gbabyy - 22/11/2009 03:25 - United States

Today, my daughter was playing outside. I was watching her from the window, and I saw her pick up a dead bird. I ran outside to grab her. As I picked her up and started scolding her, she tried to scratch my face. In the attempt, her hand went straight into my mouth. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 744
You deserved it 6 889

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quietcannon 0

She tried to scratch your face? How is she that bad with her behavior already?! She needs to be spanked.

When you say "daughter," you mean "cat" right? That would make a lot more sense, in multiple places.

Comments

Seriously? You need to send you child to some behaviour and manners management classes cause she is acting like she hasn't been taught anything about manners. Scold, spank, and slap her, you just might get a ton of diseases like Bird Flu and you might get real hurt, she has no idea what she is doing. That really sucks OP definetly FYL. @24, 14, and 5: You guys act like just a little talk to your child will make her all knit and ready to not pick up dead things like that? When you tell a child they f'd up, and spank for it, it sets off a chemical reaction into the brain saying that I shouldn't pick up dead animals because I will get in trouble, or if I pick up things that are dead and put my hand in my parents mouths, I will get in deep trouble. A talk is just a little remider you three, a spank in the noggin is carving into the brain.

perdix 29

So, did she flip you the bird? Was she able to shove the whole bird in your mouth? I hope you didn't eat it. You know the old sayng: "A bird in the hand to the mouth is better than two falcon punches to the bush." Or something like that.

your kid has the lack of respect to scratch your face? Child abuse is one thing, but some kids just need a damn good spanking. Discipline has gone down the drain, yo.

i'm sorry but kids like that need to be slapped. i HATE parents who let their kids get away with being little brats. like, my cousin bit her sister and broke the skin through two layers of clothes, and no punishment at all. i'm not saying you need to really hurt her, but a smack will get her attention. and also, i agree with whoever said this sounds more like you mean "cat," not "daughter"

Part of the issue here is that we simply don't know the OP's whole story. That's the nature of FML, a quick story, and you're done. I'd say people shouldn't be so quick to judge, but this is the internet, and some text on a screen won't change anyone's inability to type and post before thinking it through. OP - Care to elaborate any to further our understanding?

If this was the first time the child ever picked up a dead animal, scolding is not appropriate. Scolding is only appropriate when the child is aware beforehand that what they are doing is wrong and they do it anyway. This is the time to teach a new rule and explain why it's necessary.

if the child was never told picking up dead animals is not allowed then this is the time for teaching a new rule, not scolding.

New Game: If you're not a good girl, we'll put you out on the street for a day. Starting now.

Seriously. Some parents SHOULD practice that game.

IllegalLight 0

I had to read this over... I thought you were talking about your CAT... but then I saw the word daughter. Um...