By susan - 17/11/2012 22:31 - United States - Naperville

Today, my daughter had a meltdown when I told her I donated some of her old toys to Goodwill. It turns out Toy Story has taught her that toys have feelings and that she has a meaningful relationship with them. She's in her teens. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 887
You deserved it 27 139

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Quick! Go retrieve them, they will be eternally grateful.

Toys are memories. You should have at least talked to her about it first.

Comments

Keep them! Whatever is left over can be loved and enjoyed again by grandkids. My parents have a huge toy box full of old toys. All my nieces and nephews go straight for it when they visit grandma and grandpa.

Rude. I'm sure you'd have a meltdown if she donated your old stuff.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Didn't you ever have a toy or some object that you felt an attachment to as a kid, or even when you were older? Toys can have a huge amount of sentimental value to someone no matter how old they are because it was a big part of their childhood. OP's daughter isn't a fool for that. Her mother just removed a big chunk of her early life without even asking. Now that's foolish.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

Toys have sentimental value, a lot if inanimate objects do. Im 20 years old and I still get upset that i lost a stuffed animal when i was 11, and I had it since I was a baby. You should have asked her first.

I was gunna say it happened to my niece but then I read the rest the post...

sylar88_fml 1

I'm 24 yrs old and the only thing I kept from my childhood were my first teddy bear and an Alaskan blanket my mom gave me when I was a baby. Though I agree with op and the teenager. That's when talking to your child and coming up with an agreement is the best choice.

Not to mention some toys are worth a lot of money

this makes me respect my parents even more! At least they have the common courtesy of asking! I still have a few toys of my childhood and I'm in my twenties. IT's all about the memories!!